Search Unity

[Android] Of Witches and Dragons - Classic RPG

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by JustStezi, Nov 7, 2020.

1. JustStezi

JustStezi

Hello everybody,

I just published (open Beta) my game "Of Witches and Dragons" on the Google Play Store:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.JustStezi.Paign

I would love to get any valueable feedback - Here is a litttle preview:

• Story driven gameplay with focus on conversations.
    • Many quests
    • Open World
    • Innovative combat system
    • Different professions
    • Choose your Weapon: Bow, One-Hand Melee, Two-Hand Melee or Spell

Thanks & stay creative
    JustStezi

PlanarBit likes this.
  2. Cody-Rauh

Cody-Rauh

I think the art style is on point and consistent, I could enjoy a game like that if the mechanics were juicy enough. Animations are rough and will need improvement, as I believe users will find frustration there, reminds me a lot of "Heavens World" which is similar but more a zombie survival.

UI could use more polish as well, people really need a lot of visual/audio feedback to keep them engaged these days, and in your trailer, none of your SFX are featured if you have any implemented.

That said it is a very solid looking foundation, and I hope you keep moving forward with it!

3. JustStezi

JustStezi

Thanks for the feedback. Actually, this game is a tribute to the Gothic series.

I "only" do the coding and the game design. I had to buy all the 3D and 2D aspects and decided not to spend any more money on them. Although I will keep looking if I can find any good replacements for the 2D UI.

Regarding the SFX - I have all of the basic SFX implemented (steps, hits, etc). I thought it would be okay for the trailer to just cut them out.

What catches my attention are the rough animations you described. What exactly do you think was rough? I think I would love to improve them so they don't feel rough.

4. koirat

koirat

As it was said before animations - More fluidity and, hit responses.

Some hits might push enemies a little further. Also strike might move character a little,
    Making fight more dynamic.

Run attack special animation is very important.

What can I say more - look Dark Souls. I know I know high bar.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
  5. Cody-Rauh

Cody-Rauh

Fairly robotic movement and feel very static as opposed to organic/natural. For the sword swing, it looks like it is missing a frame or two for the eye to detect that it isn't just teleporting from the inside of the slash to the outside. I understand you are going for speed, a trail particle could help alleviate or aid, with a visible slash for the eye to follow.

Also, the world doesn't seem to have much impact on the character, almost as if he was trying to interact with the world, but exists in an alternate empty dimension.

Also as @koirat stated, seeing the character have some of his energy returned to him could indicate the level of force used by the character, a little windup or tension in the body before the swing could also be good visual indicators both for the player and especially the enemy if you wanted to implement dodging/guard mechanics.

Think of Breath of the Wild and the opportunities the animations leave for a player to react.