Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Android Native PlayMaker Actions

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by stanislav-osipov, May 17, 2014.

1. AlexRay

AlexRay

To properly use Google AdMob banners with Android Native, you have to use at least following Playmaker actions:
    • AN_InitGoogleAd
    • AN_CreateBanner
    • AN_ShowBanner
    Great Playmaker actions description you can find here.
    I think, this information will be very useful for you.
    Please, take a look at the parameters of these actions and return values.

Anyway, Google AdMob banners sample scene with Playmaker actions is included into Android Native plugin package.
    You may open this scene and check the approach of Google AdMob Playmaker actions with Android Native.

Cheers!

2. saswilson

saswilson

I have the banner working now, but I would still like to have a look at the Playmaker sample scene.
    For some reason I don't have Assets/Extensions/GoogleMobileAd/Addons/PlayMakerActions ?

3. gozdagb

gozdagb

There is possibility that someone in future create actions for multiplayer? Because i am very intresting of this, for now i must use Photon networking, but google network will be usefull.

Thanks

4. ashish-chandy-appster

ashish-chandy-appster

I wanted to know if this plugin supports android deep link

5. amoka

amoka

But that is a separate product, not Android Native. AN also includes Analytics, are there no analytics Playmaker actions for AN?

6. amoka

amoka

I bought Android Native and iOS Native products.
    I checked the available Playmaker actions, and I see that each above product has a different set of actions for its own platform, like AN_GetImageFromCamera, ISN_LoadTextureFromCamera.
    Now, Mobile Ultimate ( which I don't own) has a third action UM_Get Image From Camera, which I suppose works for both platform.
    But if I use the separate Android and iOS products in the same project, is there still a way to handle the same features wit a single action or do I need to create separate states in Playmaker to handle the same actions separately for the two platforms?

7. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    Please, could you specify you request?
    It's a lot of specific approaches, where Android uses deep links.
    So, please, try to be as much detailed as you can.

Cheers!

8. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    Unfortunately, there is no playmaker scene available for Google Mobile Ad functionality.
    You may contact Stan's Assets Support Team directly via support@stansassets.com and request such an example.
    I think, you will get it in a short time.

Cheers!

9. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    I want to say, that multiplayer is the much difficult feature than just a Google Play Services itself.
    That's why there are no Playmaker actions set for now.

Anyway, I added you request to our feature requests.
    As more developers will request this feature as more high priority it will have for us.
    Unfortunately, I can not say exactly how much time it will take.
    But I think, it will be implemented in future.

Cheers!

10. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    I added the task for our developer to implement Analytics Playmaker actions for Android Native plugin.
    Please, contact Stan's Assets Support Team and ask for the status of this case.
    I think Analytics Playmaker actions will be available to the end of this week.

Cheers!

11. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    I'll consider with my team what we can do for your case.
    Please, keep in touch.
    Cheers!

12. nikosurfing

nikosurfing

Hello, i tried to get image from gallery action and every image has picked, it creates 3 copy images on the gallery with the name of folder "bichooser", for example: i pick the photo.jpg from the gallery and successfuly picked but then on my gallery it create new folder "bichooser" contains 3 copies the picked images. I also test the example scene (OtherFeatures) to get image from gallery but it has the same issues. When exporting no error and no warning, so it successfuly exported.

How to fix this?

13. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    What plugin version do you use in your project?
    I think, it's not the latest one. The issue with multiple image saving was fixed a long time ago.
    If you have the latest plugin version and this issue takes place, you better contact Stan's Assets Support Team for future assistance.

Cheers!

14. nikosurfing

nikosurfing

Yes it's the latest one 7.7, i think it's a bug. According to changelog information, on the v6.5 it fixed 'bimagechooser' folder, not "bichooser". When any images has picked, it generates a new folder contain copies of picked image.

15. AlexRay

AlexRay

It's quite strange, that you have such kind of behavior in your project.
    You definitely need to contact Stan's Assets Support Team with this problem.

16. gozdagb

gozdagb

There is possible to get any example project with creating snapshot data using playmaker?
    I think i try all possible ways to save any string in google, but playmaker flow just stop in AN_Create New Snapshot state.
    Thanks.

17. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    For now, we have no Playmaker sample for Google Play Gamesaves.
    You may contact Stan's Assets Support Team and request such kind of example.
    So, please, feel free to ask support team for the example.

Cheers!

18. unity_five

unity_five

Hi,
    When I installed the Android native plugin, I got the following error:
    //
    Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/AndroidNativeActions/AppLicensing/AN_GetLicenseStatus.cs(28,43): error CS0117: `AN_LicenseManager' does not contain a definition for `instance'
    //
    How do I fix it?

And the installation path was different from the guide. Please correct your guide.

19. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    With the latest update, we made some refactor changes.
    All the instance properties should be renamed to Instance.
    So, please, go ahead, you will be able to fix it on your own.
    If you will have any kind of issues, please, feel free to contact me.

20. sancha-km

sancha-km

Hi, your asset have Playmaker actions to make screenshot and share this as attached file via social networks\email and etc.?

21. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    There is the Android Native Playmaker actions list.
    You will find the answer to your questions.
    Thank you!

22. Phuzz

Phuzz

Hello,

I have successfully managed to create playmaker actions "Get Player ID" and "Get Player Icon"using your Android Native plugin, I am not a coder, I can just manage tweaking already existing codes after studying you API to create my own custom actions. I am trying to get a player avatar by specified Player ID, I am trying this action but it doesn't seem to work, I might be way off in this code since im not a coder, so please guide me where I am wrong, thank you.

Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using System.Collections;
    4. namespace HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions {
    6.     [ActionCategory("Android Native - PlayService")]
    7.     public class AN_GetPlayerIconbyID : FsmStateAction {
    10.         [Tooltip("PlayerID")]
    11.         public FsmString playerid;
    13.         public FsmEvent Success;
    14.         public FsmEvent Fail;
    16.         public FsmTexture  PlayerIcon;
    18.         public override void OnEnter() {
    20.             GooglePlayerTemplate player=GooglePlayManager.Instance.GetPlayerById(playerid.Value);
    21.             if (GooglePlayManager.Instance.player != null) {
    22.                 PlayerIcon.Value = player.icon;
    24.                 Fsm.Event(Success);
    25.                 Finish();
    26.             } else {
    27.                 Fsm.Event(Fail);
    28.                 Finish();
    29.             }
    30.         }
    31.     }
    33. }
    Please correct this for me if possible, I can also share the other actions here (Player ID & Player Icon) if that is ok,

Thank you,

23. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    With the player's icon, the situation is quite different.
    Player icon will not be loaded automatically if you didn't enable this option manually in the Android Native settings.
    But even if you enabled automatic icons loading, it needs some time to be loaded.

GooglePlayerTemplate contains following events/methods for icon loading stuff:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. public event Action<Texture2D> BigPhotoLoaded =  delegate {};
    2. public event Action<Texture2D> SmallPhotoLoaded =  delegate {};
    4. public void LoadImage() {}
    5. public void LoadIcon() {}
    First, you have to subscribe to photoLoaded event callback and call appropriate method for start loading request.
    You will get loaded image as the Texture2D object via event callback.
    Please, check all this on your own. I believe, that's the exact functionality you are looking for.

24. twiggyash

twiggyash

Hi, I'm trying to integrate Facebook in my project using Playmaker but I think I'll need some actions like these:
    Get Public Profile, Get Friends List, Challange a Friend, Invite to install an App and similiars.
    Could you help me please?
    Thank you very much!

25. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    The mechanism in such a cases is following.
    You have to contact our support engineer via support@stansassets.com with the request of additional Playmaker actions you need. Support engineer will add your request to feature requests list and you will get the new Playmaker actions set with the following official plugin update.
    So, please, go ahead and contact our support team. You are welcome!

26. twiggyash

twiggyash

Thank you! Just wrote to support :) Hope they can help me.
    Have a nice day!

27. dvdkss

dvdkss

Hi,

Can someone make a quick tutorial for me on how to implement leaderboards? I'm still very new to unity and playmaker and I can't make it work.

I've set everything up in the Google Developer Console and published the app for alpha testing, but it still doesn't work for some reason.

I use the AN_Play Service Connect action at the start (btw, is it necessary to have something for the success and failed events here?), submit the score after game over, and ony my 'leaderboard' button I have a mouse pick 2d event action, which transits to another state where I use the AN_Show Leaderboards action.

It shows a pop-up message when the score is submitted when I play the game in the unity editor, but nothing else happens. And there's no pop-up either when I build the apk and try to test it on my device.

Thanks in advance for your help!

28. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    You may contact our support team via e-mail and ask about an example project for Playmaker actions of Android Native.
    Most likely, you will get the sample if it already exists or the sample will be created for you.
    So, please, go ahead and you will get great assistance in a short time.

29. eagleeyez

eagleeyez

Hi, I bought this asset a while ago and have not used it yet.

But I am desperately trying to find some Playmaker action for Android NFC reading and writing tags.

Could you pretty please add NFC actions for Playmaker.

I am nearly blind and want to make my own tag reading app for identifying my own tags for foods and other things.

I would be very grateful if anyone can add these actions.

best regards Chris

30. AlexRay

AlexRay

Hello,
    Unfortunately, Android Native doesn't support NFC features.
    Of course, you may contact our support team and request the new functionality.
    Please, go ahead, you can ask for more detailed information in your e-mail.

31. Phuzz

Phuzz

Hello,

I updated Android Native plugin to the current latest version 9.9/22

I get these error regarding Google Ad playmaker actions

error CS0123: A method or delegate `HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.AN_InterstitialEvents.OnFailedToLoad()' parameters do not match delegate `System.Action<int>(int)' parameters

it is the same error on all the actions for Google Ads, please let me know how to fix this, for now, I have reverted back to the previous version until solved.

Thank you

32. daudau505

daudau505

I also have this error, did you find a way to fix it? thanks