Search Unity

Android Minimize + vsync

Discussion in 'Android' started by KB73, Mar 20, 2018.

1. KB73

KB73

We're seeing some odd behaviour on Android - we've seen this on 5.5, 5.6 and 2017.X

Basically our game is frame rate locked to 30 ( every vblank + targetframerate = 30 )...
    Minimize the app and refocus, app is running with vsync off by the looks of it.....

The other strange behaviour is if we disable vsync in the player settings, ensure targetframe is not set or set to -1, i'd expect to see the same vsync disabled frame rate but no, it seems somehow locked again until minimized..

Anyone seen anything like this? Seems there are a few threads that have mentioned a similar issue but no resolution..

KB

2. KB73

KB73

Hmm on an empty project, behaviour works, something else is going on then...maybe some other activities we have are causing some issues...will investigate further..

3. avi9111

avi9111

Whild using Android Smartphone, I encountered on the same problem, It' s strange that while I chose no, there was a vsync in android(captured by profiler and got the same result by another tools). But while I did not set, default value is every bank vsync , there is no vsync at all this time