Search Unity

Android Manifest

Discussion in 'Android' started by NuncIdVides, Oct 17, 2017.

1. NuncIdVides

NuncIdVides

I am trying to build my app for Android and I keep getting an error about not being able to merge manifests (I've attached a screenshot). I have search around and the suggested solutions I have found have not helped me to resolve my issue. Right now I have no idea how to proceed. The app compiles perfectly for Windows and iOS, but not for Android. I was wondering anyone you could point me toward any potential solutions for the issue?

Attached Files:

2. amjaliks

amjaliks

Look for detail of the first error message. There must be an explanation why merging failed.

3. NuncIdVides

NuncIdVides

As far as I can tell two things are trying to set the App Icon and the Theme. However I have been unable to stop this from occurring thus far. I have tried the tools:replace="android:icon suggestion from the error message however it ended up in a dead end for me so I reverted it using GitHub.

Attached Files:

4. JuliusM

JuliusM

Unity Technologies

Hello,
    If you have created all AndroidManifest.xml files on your own, make sure that android:icon and android:theme are specified only in one of them. Alternatively using tools:replace="android:icon" and tools:replace="android:theme" in one of the manifests (preferably the main manifest) should work as well. What error do you get when you add tools:replace?

5. NuncIdVides

NuncIdVides

Thankfully, I have managed to resolve this issue. I tried modifying the manifest file but it continued to give me errors. Ultimately I removed all plugins, then added them back in small groups, building each time. What I discovered was that either Ultimate Mobile (Stan's Assets) or UTNotifications (Scripting) was causing the issue. In the short term I have simply removed them from the project, however I suspect that they may be needed in future and I will have to try to work out a better solution then.