Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Android Manifest not working in unity2020

Discussion in '2020.1 Beta' started by marcusice109, Feb 25, 2020.

1. marcusice109

marcusice109

I try to use GoogleMobileAds (tested v3.18 and v4.2.1) in unity2020. Then I found that the unity do not include other AndroidManifest as before.

I check the path Temp/StagingArea/AndroidManifest.xml. It not only missing the GoogleMobileAds AndroidManifest. All the other AndroidManifest are also not included.

I also check the AndroidManifest inside the apk using WinRAR. That realy not including other AndroidManifest. I also try to overriding the Android manifest by puting the AndroidManifest to Assets/Plugins/Android/AndroidManifest.xml but it do not work.

2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

Can you please check if the problem persists in the latest 2020.1 release?

If you're still able to reproduce the issue, I recommend to create a new project that only contains the files to reproduce the problem and then submit a bug-report as described in this document:
    https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting

If it works in earlier Unity releases, then you most likely found a regression. It's important that you report these issues together with a reproduction project if you want them to get fixed. If you don't do it, it might be a long time until someone else reports them or until Unity Technologies find them.

After you submitted the bug-report, you receive a confirmation email with a bug-report Case number. Please post the Case number (number only, not the link) in this forum thread for Unity staff to pick up.

3. marcusice109

marcusice109

Oh. I am sorry that I did not update the case here.
    The case number is 1222604. It is closed.
    It said that this issue has been fixed in 2020.2.

nicolasgramlich and Peter77 like this.
  4. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

@LeonhardP Could you perhaps find out if the fix is being back-ported to 2020.1? A link to the public issue tracker item would be useful too, so we can keep track.

nicolasgramlich likes this.