Search Unity

Question Android Manifest for Oculus App Lab

Discussion in 'VR' started by WavyRancheros, Mar 10, 2021.

1. WavyRancheros

WavyRancheros

Hey I'm trying to get my app to test users using App Lab. I'm using the XR Management Plugin.

But when I upload my APK, I get the following errors:

Upload new binary to the Production (App Lab) channel
    Error
    APK can't be validated
    We found issues with the APK during validation. Please check that the APK meets the 'Application Manifest Requirements', then resubmit your app.
    APK main activity intent filter includes `android.intent.category.LEANBACK_LAUNCHER`, which is not allowed. Please remove it from AndroidManifest.xml and retry.
    APK install location should be `auto` (android:installLocation in AndroidManifest.xml). See documentation at: https://developer.oculus.com/distribute/publish-mobile-manifest/

I tried to put a custom manifest into Assets/Plugins/Android/AndroidManifest.xml

But when I build the APK, the manifest STILL includes LEANBACK_LAUNCHER and install location is "2"

What can I do?

2. amaestas

amaestas

Unity Technologies

Hey WavyRancheros,

Could you try disabling Android TV Support in the Android Player Settings?

This should remove that entry as Leanback mode is an Android TV thing. Can confirm on my end this should work but i tested it with Oculus XR Plugin 1.8.1.

If this doesn't work on your version or if you are using the oculus integration package from the asset store and it does not work please let us know and we will look into fixing this.

3. WavyRancheros

WavyRancheros

Thanks,

that Android TV Support setting fixed the LEANBACK_LAUNCHER error. But I still have an error left:

„Exclude from Recents“ (android:excludeFromRecents in AndroidManifest.xml) must be set to "True".

How do I change this?

4. ecarter

ecarter

same problem here, i added a custom manifest that fix the "exclude from recents" bu then unity not sign the apk, i tried creating again the firm to sign the apk, but the problem is the same

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?>
    <manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
    android:installLocation="auto" android:excludeFromRecents="true">
    <application
    android:label="@String/app_name"
    android:icon="@Mipmap/app_icon">
    <activity
    android:theme="@android:style/Theme.Black.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen"
    android:configChanges="locale|fontScale|keyboard|keyboardHidden|mcc|mnc|navigation|orientation|screenLayout|screenSize|smallestScreenSize|touchscreen|uiMode"
    android:launchMode="singleTask"
    android:name="com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerActivity"
    android:excludeFromRecents="true">

<intent-filter>
    <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
    <category android:name="com.oculus.intent.category.VR" />
    <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
    </intent-filter>

</activity>
    <meta-data android:name="unityplayer.SkipPermissionsDialog" android:value="false" />
    <meta-data android:name="com.samsung.android.vr.application.mode" android:value="vr_only"/>
    </application>
    </manifest>

5. WavyRancheros

WavyRancheros

I haven't found a solution. So I had to unpack the APK, change the manifest inside it, and repack it. Like in the good old days.

6. galnikkozmelj

galnikkozmelj

where is HEADTRACKING_FEATURE _REQUIRED and FOCUS_AWARE REQUIRED checkbox ?

RiverExplorer likes this.