Search Unity

Android Manifest - Console doesn't offer any info why merge fails

Discussion in 'Android' started by FlashMuller, Oct 22, 2018.

1. FlashMuller

FlashMuller

Hey guys,
    I've had my share of "Unable to Merge Manifest Files". Up to now the console always came up with the specific reason like different target platforms etc. that made it possible to solve these errors. But this time it basically just tells me that it failed without any further info on why - at least to me. It just looks like the call stack. Here is the output:

AndroidSDKToolsException: Unable to merge android manifests.
    UnityEditor.Android.AndroidSDKTools.DetectErrorsAndWarnings (System.String logMessages, System.String errorMsg)
    UnityEditor.Android.AndroidSDKTools.RunCommandInternal (System.String javaExe, System.String sdkToolsDir, System.String[] sdkToolCommand, Int32 memoryMB, System.String workingdir, UnityEditor.Android.WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit, System.String errorMsg)
    UnityEditor.Android.AndroidSDKTools.RunCommand (System.String javaExe, System.String sdkToolsDir, System.String[] sdkToolCommand, System.String workingdir, UnityEditor.Android.WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit, System.String errorMsg, Int32 memoryMB)
    UnityEditor.Android.AndroidSDKTools.RunCommand (UnityEditor.Android.AndroidJavaTools javaTools, System.String[] sdkToolCommand, UnityEditor.Android.WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit, System.String errorMsg)
    UnityEditor.Android.AndroidSDKTools.MergeManifests (UnityEditor.Android.AndroidJavaTools javaTools, System.String target, System.String mainManifest, System.String[] libraryManifests, UnityEditor.Android.WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit)
    UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.Tasks.GenerateManifest.MergeManifests (UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.PostProcessorContext context, System.String mainManifest, System.String targetManifest)
    UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.Tasks.GenerateManifest.Execute (UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.PostProcessorContext context)
    UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.PostProcessRunner.RunAllTasks (UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.PostProcessorContext context)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

Any ideas? Thanks!

2. JuliusM

JuliusM

Unity Technologies

Do you have any other error messages in the log? There should be a separate error message that specifies what went wrong.

3. FlashMuller

FlashMuller

Hey @JuliusM
    thanks for your reply. I actually skipped one previous error message saying "Error while saving blame file", as it stated the build would continue anyways. Finding a solution to that error was the solution to the one described above. See this answer:

https://answers.unity.com/questions/1355793/error-while-saving-blame-file.html

From my situation I would say that it had to do with installing (and therefor updating) Unity on a new machine, which changed the requirements for the manifest files while still using the old ones. Or maybe not ;-)

Cheers