Search Unity

1. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We've updated our Terms of Service. Please read our blog post from Unity CTO and Co-Founder Joachim Ante here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

Android Logcat Package Feedback

Discussion in '2019.1 Alpha' started by Tomas1856, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

Hey,

starting from Unity 2019.1.0a11 we're introducing Android Logcat package. More info here - https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.mobile.android-logcat@0.1/manual/index.html

Quick steps to set it up:
    * Unity has to have Android Support installed
    * Set active platform to be Android in Build Settings Window
    * Set Scripting Runtime Version to .NET 4.x in Player Settings (You may be asked to restart Unity)
    * Enable preview packages via Window->PackageManager->Advanced->Show preview packages

PreviewPackages.jpg

* Select and install Android Logcat
    AndroidLogcat.jpg

* Android Logcat can be enabled via Windows->Analysis->Android Logcat
    * Alternatively when you'll do Build & Run for Android, Android Logcat will open automatically and will filter to your package.

Feedback is very welcomed !

2. Player7

Player7

I was excited to until I read "Unity has to have Android Support installed"I assume Android Studio.. the bit I was hoping to get rid of with this package as a replacement :)

Also why not include a screenshot of what this thing actually looks like.. we've all seen the package manager.

3. ScottF

ScottF

Director of Development, Mobile Unity Technologies

There are a number of screenshots posted if you follow the link to the documentation at the top. Also, you do not need Android studio. You need Unity's Android support installed and the Android SDK (soon to be installed automatically by Unity). If your doing any Android developer with Unity you would already have the Android support installed.

Player7 likes this.
  4. pahosler

pahosler

Android has cli tools, so Studio isn't necessarily a requirement. Available for Windows, Mac, and Linux

5. pahosler

pahosler

Awesome!
    Now, when are we getting a stable Linux version of Unity :D

FROS7 likes this.
  6. Shizola

Shizola

I find Logcat a pain sometimes, so this is nice to see.