Search Unity

[Android] Just Slide. One year with Unity. This game as a result.

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by funnystoryha, Jan 13, 2018.

1. funnystoryha

funnystoryha

Made a post couple days ago in Unity subreddit and maybe some of you already saw it, but i thought this could be interesting for Unity forums too.

Juts copy of some dev/process/info from Unity reddit post:

About a year ago i started to learn Unity from scratch. And here i am and my game 'Just Slide'.

What can i say. Year ago: almost zero programming skills, chose C#, tutorials from Unity main page, let's go. First game released after 2 or 3 months, super easy to make, just to learn all process from concept to market. Second game on ~7 month, a bit harder to make, thought i can create decent arcade game (haha, yeah). At least now i know how to work with particles. Third game couple days ago, pretty happy about it, sharing with you guys.

Learning curve was not that easy, but oh my, big thanks to Unity Answers and all active members of it, the best place for such newbie like me to ask and search dumb (veeeery dumb) questions :D

What about game. I was inspired by old mechanical arcade game called 'Ice Cold Beer' and put it on modern mobile-touch rails. You are trying to help some blob to stay alive when someone is dropping tons of traps on it. Main feature is not so common control system.

short animation with gameplay: http://bit.ly/2AT7FGO
    store link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.FunnyStoryHa.JustSlide

Hope you'll like it.

Post here any questions or feedback, i'll try to answer to all.

ps. sometimes i had very big problems with motivation, but local posts with finished games brought me back to work, hope i can help someone too, work hard no matter what.

psps. my apologies for bad english skills, non-native speaker's here :D

2. ZebecGames

ZebecGames

Looks like a good concept for a mobile game - quick and easy to pick up. Not sure if there are other games like it because that is a genre of mobile games I rarely play. For the sake of critiquing I think overall it looks pretty good but the theme seems a bit disjointed.

I also think you are taking a really good approach to learning this. Starting small and building up a set of skills/tools to work with. Keep it up!

Last note: you should add a short clip to Google Play demonstrating the gameplay. From the screenshots I did not understand what the game was about.

Good luck!

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  3. funnystoryha

funnystoryha

Thank you very much for such detailed feedback!
    Good advice about clip, I'll add some video/trailer asap.

Good luck to you too!