Search Unity

1. Full schedule for #UniteBerlin is now available! Featuring talks on our roadmap, hands-on labs and much more! Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2018.1 has arrived! Read about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Scriptable Render Pipeline improvements, Texture Mipmap Streaming, and more! Check out what we have in store for you in the 2018.2 Beta.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ARCore is out of developer preview! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Magic Leap’s Lumin SDK Technical Preview for Unity lets you get started creating content for Magic Leap One™. Find more information on our blog!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Android][iOS][Free] Wordle - Word Game

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Nowlz, May 18, 2018.

1. Nowlz

Nowlz

Hi everyone, I'm pleased to announce I've just released my first ever mobile game built in Unity!

A little bit about it -

Wordle is a word puzzle with a twist. Train your brain and test your vocabulary by finding as many words as you can within the given time. Simply swipe the letters to build a word, scoring points along the the way.
    Wordle combines the best of word searching and word related games making for a truly challenging and addictive experience!
    Compete with friends in the daily challenge to see how you stack up! Can you top the leader boards?
    - Extend your vocabulary as you go on a word hunt through hundreds of levels each with a different focus
    - Challenge yourself and your friends with a different challenge every day!
    If you enjoy a word search that boggles your brain then play Wordle today!

Available on -
    Google Play Store
    Apple App Store

Or visit my website -
    FatCat Studios

Thanks for looking, and thanks to all those that have helped me along the way :)

2. AkiraWong89

AkiraWong89

@Nowlz
    Sounds amazing. How did you do the vocabulary database? You insert the whole latest dictionary words data and do checking every time players had selected a full words? Or it's totally scripted? I'm artist, just curious on the technical side. Haha. Do you have Twitter?:)

3. Nowlz

Nowlz

Thanks @AkiraWong89

The Dictionary is just a text file of viable words. It's one used for scrabble championships, they are freely available to download on line and then loaded as a resource. And yes, basically I'm currently just checking the word against the dictionary every time a player completes their selection.

But I also wanted to be able to display to the player the number of words that could be created from any given boggle board. So rather than just loading it as a dictionary, I'm instead converted the text file into a Digital tree (Trie) similar to those used in predictive text or autocomplete functions. Also called a directed acyclic word graph (DAWG).

This allows me to then cycle through any given boggle board and calculate the number of possible words that could be created.

I have a newly created Twitter account @StudiosFatcat which I'll be updating shortly

Last edited: May 19, 2018
  4. AkiraWong89

AkiraWong89

Oh. It's like a dynamic array? Interesting. Learned something cool today. Thanks for sharing.:)

I had already followed you on Twitter. I can help you on RT. Keep it up.;)

5. Nowlz

Nowlz

Thanks @AkiraWong89 , I appreciate it :)

6. Nowlz

Nowlz

New update released to improve menu navigation and fix an issue which could cause the game to crash on android version 8.0+