Search Unity

Question Android & iOS bundles

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Content Delivery' started by Limewood_, Jan 19, 2023.

1. Limewood_

Limewood_

I recently finished the iOS build of my app and uploaded bundles for the new version to my CCD production bucket. When I then went back to work on the Android app (which already has a version on Google Play) it said the bundles it downloaded were for the wrong platform (9, which seems to be iOS), so you have to build separate bundles for iOS and Android?

By default the Addressables profiles build to one folder without splitting it by platform, so I assumed they were the same for all platforms, but I guess we have to make separate Addressables profiles for each platform + dev/prod?

The main question I have now is: do I have to have separate buckets on CCD for Android and iOS or is there functionality for handling platforms somewhere I have missed?

EDIT: I have set up separate buckets now for Android/iOS and use separate profiles when building the apps (that I have to change manually) and it seems to work, but is this the recommended setup?

Last edited: Jan 19, 2023
  2. FlyingSquirrels

FlyingSquirrels

Yes, you need a separate bucket for each platform and I think that's the only way to go about it - aka must be the recommended setup.

Limewood_ likes this.
  3. RobCUnity

RobCUnity

Unity Technologies

This also brings up an issue I noticed in the CCD portal. When you promote a release you are given the option of which bucket to promote it to. If, as Limewood_ described, it generates the addressable bundles differently for each platform then why is there an option to promote it to an unsupported bucket? It is a bit confusing and implies that there is no difference between the bundles.