Search Unity

Feedback [Android] Galaxy Man - endless runner that goes into space!

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by wztk, Sep 17, 2021.

1. wztk

wztk

Galaxy Man is a game about an astronaut travelling through space using a jetpack. The game is very easy to get into but the people that I've shared this with told me it's quite hard. I've made quite a lot of changes since the initial release and I'm really curious about what you think. Does it have the potential? Let me know!

2. BrandyStarbrite

BrandyStarbrite

This game has potential. It looks okay, not bad at all.

Okay. The animations are okay, but I think the animations on the astronaut and jet pack, look a little stiff, and could be a little better though.

I don't know if collecting fuel fills up his jet pack, but if it does, put in a fuel meter so players would know, when the jet pack fuel is running out, and they will try to quickly collect more fuel power ups.

@wztk12

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
  3. Martin_H

Martin_H

I recommend switching out the astronaut with a penguin. And make it cute. Maybe also make the background less black, maybe add a subtle gradient.

4. BIGTIMEMASTER

BIGTIMEMASTER

I agree 100% with Martin.

But I think a sloth is better than penguin. Penguin is overplayed. A nice sloth with that stupid sloth grin on his face. But he is still in the space suit. Just a sloth face in there.

Yeah I think it's fine game. Looks like flappy bird just in space right? I'm sure people will play it if they can find it.

5. BrandyStarbrite

BrandyStarbrite

Lol! I was thinking that same thing, when I wrote my post last week.

6. wztk

wztk

Hey guys, thanks everyone for the feedback!

I'll try to respond one by one, since I've been out of loop for a bit.

@BrandyStarbrite Good to know that it does look good! As for the fuel, that's exactly how it works, for you to continue flying on you need to collect the fuel. The game does include a fuel meter, I just disabled it during trailer to make it more 'cinematic'. It was my first stab at the pixel art, though, so yeah, definitely a room for improvement with the mobility of the astronaut.

@Martin_H Believe it or not, some people actually told me that the astronaut does look kinda cute, but nevertheless, maybe it's not characteristic enough, I can't tell because I'm obviously biased :D As for the background, yeah, I think I took a wrong turn on that one. I considered going full blast with them and just making crazy nebula-like backgrounds, but ended up toning it down as I though it would not be distinguishable enough between obstacles and the background and even though I added some variety as you progress, it still could use some work I think.

@BIGTIMEMASTER Yeah, the gameplay is very much inspired by likes of Flappy Bird, but I tried to make the game play out a bit differently and also restrict a player with fuel instead of spatial restrictions like Flappy did. I pictured that sloth in my mind and I grinned, so maybe it's a good idea! Would add some more character to the character as well. ASO has been a bane of my existence, and I don't think people can actually find it despite my best efforts, but I'll keep on trying. Glad to hear that it does look decent, though!

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021