Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Android] Facecam not visible in replay

Discussion in 'Unity Everyplay' started by MyMusicTeacher1, Aug 8, 2016.

1. MyMusicTeacher1

MyMusicTeacher1

Hello everyone !

I am strugling with Unity Everyplay since 1 month.

During the recording, the facecam is working and displayed but it's not included in the replay and I don't have any sound.

I tried all existing method in order to display the facecam (preview mod, assigning to quad, rawImage, texture2D). It never appears in the replay and in the thumbnail.

It's working well with the everyplay test mode (with the buttons in the top left corner).

Thanks for your help

2. pmjo

pmjo

Unity Technologies

Are you sure that you have first started FaceCam session and then recording? If you first start recording and then FaceCam session it will not be recorded.

3. screenname_taken

screenname_taken

mmmm I had the same thing today. A friend recorded his vid then on the replay made a commentary but the cam wasn't in the video. he wanted to make a post-gameplay commentary. So just a UI button with a cam and call a single function?

4. pmjo

pmjo

Unity Technologies

@screenname_taken Unfortunately I did not understand your question.

So in your recording code you should always call Everyplay.FaceCamStartSession() before Everyplay.StartRecording(). Otherwise the FaceCam will not be recorded.

You should also remember that after you have uploaded a replay with FaceCam the FaceCam video will first go to the moderation and will not be visible until it is moderated.

5. screenname_taken

screenname_taken

I was saying that i'll just have a button to activate the facecam if the player wants it.
    And um... what moderation? You mean from unity personel or for myself to moderate?

6. pmjo

pmjo

Unity Technologies

Our moderation team will view all FaceCam videos. If it contains something inappropriate, it will not be published.

7. screenname_taken

screenname_taken

Ah. What is the turn around for viewing and publishing the videos?
    Thinking of adding a notice that if you use the facecam then thye won't be published immediately.
    (Does the moderation also occur on videos that are shared via email?)

8. 00christian00

00christian00

Did something change recently? I had such worry before, for a game I am developing where the user is able to super impose the camera on the game, sort of AR, and somebody from everyplay told me that there is no moderation from your staff and there were already AR apps in the portal.
    So why facecam goes into moderation while AR apps don't?

9. pmjo

pmjo

Unity Technologies

@screenname_taken The moderation usually takes from one to eight hours depending on the traffic. @00christian00 Only FaceCam videos/commentaries are moderated so the game replays (including AR) still go out directly.

00christian00 likes this.
  10. cielph

cielph

I have the same problem, I tried the advice but it's not working.