Search Unity

Android emulators to reproduce a bug

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by FlyingSquirrels, Mar 25, 2021.

1. FlyingSquirrels

FlyingSquirrels

Hey everyone,

We're having some issues right now on just 2 models as far as we know, the Galaxy S9 (SM-G960U) and Samsung A21s - we cannot reproduce the bug on our test Android devices.

Can anyone offer advice on how they tackle such issues? Do you use the Android Studio emulator? Are there online emulators that you can run? Is there any other method to try and reproduce this without actually having the device at hand?

Thank you!

2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

Did you implement some crash reporting and find out what the crash is related to? Often times you can get some information even if the symbols aren't fully available.

3. FlyingSquirrels

FlyingSquirrels

Thanks. Yes we have crash reports but we'd like to be able to reproduce it so we understand how to fix this issue.

4. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Either recruit someone with one of the phones to run tests for you, or pick up one of the phones. I see Amazon has the S9 for $180. You can sell it on Ebay after you've resolved the issue to recoup most of the cost, but depending on what the issue ends up being you may want to keep it around for regression testing.

5. FlyingSquirrels

FlyingSquirrels

That could work but it's a very slow process as you'd need to buy each device with issues. Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with buying devices but this will be a never-ending process given how many Android devices there are.

Has anyone tried this service: https://www.browserstack.com/

6. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

That's why my first suggestion is to find someone with it. If your game has its own player forum or community around it, you can reach out to find players having these issues, and ask them to participate in testing some builds.