Search Unity

Android Emulator for .apk

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by MediumSolid, Sep 3, 2017.

1. MediumSolid

MediumSolid

What would be the best Android emulator for properly testing games made in Unity before submitting your game on google play account?

P.S. I know there are already other forums asking the same questions but they were posted few years ago and things might have changed substantially since then hence I don't think it would be really wise to rely on outdated information.

2. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

An actual Android device. You can't do "proper testing" on anything other than actual hardware.

3. MediumSolid

MediumSolid

AcidArrow, but wouldn't you then need multitude of different Android devices in order to properly test your application?

4. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Yes, you would. A few "representative" ones will do nicely as well.

Since the most important issues on Android are performance and dealing with weird driver issues, I don't see how an emulator would provide any useful info.

Although I guess, if the alternative is doing no testing at all, an emulator is better than nothing. Not aware of any emulators though.

5. John_Vella

John_Vella

I use an a program called NOX Player, which runs on Windows. Obviously this is no good if you need to tilt the device, but for keyboard input it's great.