Search Unity

Android Cloud Build fails after Upgrade to 2020.1.2

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by Imbatainment, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Imbatainment

Imbatainment

After upgrading Unity from 2019.3 to 2020.1.2, my Android cloud build fails with following error message:

My IOS Build works flawlessly.
    Does anyone have an idea how to fix this problem?

2. Imbatainment

Imbatainment

I unfortunately still have the same problem.

This seems like the crucial part.

Code (CSharp):
    1. 153: [Unity] ERROR: * What went wrong:
    2. 154: [Unity] ERROR: Execution failed for task ':launcher:processReleaseResources'.
    3. 155: [Unity] ERROR: > A failure occurred while executing com.android.build.gradle.internal.tasks.Workers$ActionFacade
    4. 156: [Unity] ERROR:    > AAPT2 aapt2-3.6.0-6040484-osx Daemon #5: Link timed out, attempting to stop daemon.
    5. 157: [Unity] ERROR:      This should not happen under normal circumstances, please file an issue if it does.

Petr777 likes this.
  3. ickydime

ickydime

FWIW, I just got this same errors (timeoutexceptions) building Android using Unity 2020.1.16f. I had just added about a gig of images to the StreamingAssets folder. When I removed those images the build works.

Did you ever solve it on your end?

4. joshuacwilde

joshuacwilde

5. ickydime

ickydime

@joshuacwilde Mine was due to having too many assets in the StreamingAsset folder. I enabled 'Split Application Binary' and that fixed the issue.

Note that you need to enable it in the google cloud settings. Enabling it in the player settings didn't affect the google cloud settings.

ZhouKe likes this.
  6. Deleted User

Deleted User

I faced to same problem. I tried to upgrade unity version from 2019.4.22f1 to 2020.3.0f1, then couldn't build on android.
    My 'Addressable Asset Group', which is set LocalBuildPath on 'Build and Load Paths', has about 300 scenes for game levels.
    Building with 2020.3.0f1 is succeeded if the number of scenes is reduced from 300 to 60.
    I wonder if it is a bug...?
    Building is also succeeded if 'Split Application Binary' set enabled, but I can't adopt this solution for some reasons.

EDIT:
    I didn't use unity cloud build, sorry. I tried to build with local unity on macOS(Catalina).

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2021
  7. Deleted User

Deleted User

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2021
    yehudakarasenty_jelly and longsl like this.
  8. Imbatainment

Imbatainment

9. longsl

longsl