Search Unity

[Android]-[CatchyChef] Finished But Need Future Help!!

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by oane123, May 14, 2019.

1. oane123

oane123

Hello everyone !
    This is my first post here and i want to thank all of you for your great tutorials and help offerd on the forums (superheroes with no capes ;) ) .
    After a very long time ( about 4 months) i have managed to finish my first project:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.MedievalFarmer.CatchyChef

For the game art(if you can call it art :() i used inkScape.

With the completion of this game i want to learn more and faster.

Can someone plase point me in the right direction for multiplayer and AI programing ? basic stuff .
    Long term plan is to be able to make a game like supremacy 1914

I dont think i will update the game stated above as there is no point to it. But please have a 5 minute play and let me know what you think , what i have done well or bad / or how i could have improved it

thanks again

2. Mitch117

Mitch117

4 Months!! I refuse to belive you spent 4 months on this one project. Anyway its alright for your first game, movement seams a little clunky and I personally would of added a main menu. Other than that the art is alright, I can tell what things are so thats a big plus. I would of made the number at the top right more clear about what it is, I mean if its points put a little coin Icon next to it.

Goodluck with future projects..

3. oane123

oane123

thanks for your reply
    by 4 months i mean i have a full time job(40-60 hours week) and being father of one, working on the game sometimes less then 1 hour / week

4. AkiraWong89

AkiraWong89

This is the point. I know that most game creators are from programming background.
    But you really need to learn art too. Find a way, hire a freelancer if you really can't do art.
    This is the reality, players won't care about you unless you are getting famous already.
    As long as the game is not appealing enough, people won't touch the game.
    First impression is highly important, your game icon, game art, screenshot, video etc...
    For now I don't feel like wanna download the game due to the quality. Sorry for that.

By the way you used 4 months (part time) to finish this game... Really!?:eek:
    Let's assume you used 30 minutes per day for development.
    4 months = Around 120 days, so 120 x 30 = 3600 minutes = 150 hours.
    Using 150 hours to develop this kind of simple game is way too long.
    It should be done within one Game Jam time. (Within 48 hours)

But it's OK. Slowly improve your skill. Don't work hard, work smart.
    At least you had tried. Look forward to see the next thing you create.
    Keep it up and good luck.;)

5. oane123

oane123

as mentioned in my previous post " sometimes less then 1h / week " :p
    Also it wasnt just develop it was learning unity and c# at the same time ... i made mistakes ... i had to rewrite code and redesign the game itself serval times and then rewrite more code :oops: .
    Also this game is my very first project and i havent finished it for fame , glory or money ... i did it for the learning procces :cool::cool:

PS: i have started my second project today

6. AkiraWong89

AkiraWong89

My suggestion is don't publish your game if you know that the game haven't done yet.
    For learning, you can keep uploading screenshots, game play here and ask for feedback.
    Don't worry I know this forum is kinda dead city but I will reply you will constructive info.
    Because when you upload to store, people will assume it's a complete final product.
    Keep it up.;)