Search Unity

Android builds failing "An asset is marked with HideFlags.DontSave"

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by calebbbarton, Aug 1, 2019.

1. calebbbarton

calebbbarton

Hi there,

Recently our company upgraded from 2018.3.9f1 to 2019.1.11f1. We also changed our .net version to 4.x from 3.x, and also changed our android scripting to IL2CCP.

Our cloud builds are no longer working for android since then, while Standalone is fine.

Relevant Log:

Code (CSharp):
    1. [Unity] ERROR: An asset is marked with HideFlags.DontSave but is included in the build:
    2. Unity] Asset: 'Library/unity editor resources'
    3. [Unity] Asset name: Lucida Grande Bold
    It also throws about another 20 or so errors of similar nature, either using other variants of the Lucida Grande font, or the Font Materials of those fonts.

However, the project doens't reference these from what I can tell. I've created tools to search through the scenes to check for references to the font, but nothing has changed in our text components.

The only thing I can maybe think of is that we re-imported firebase because of the new .net version, however I've seen no reports of anyone else with firebase having problems with cloud build.

The user humofish had the same error here, however I've removed Analytics from the project with no changes, and never had the remote folder in the first place.

Other information

Source Control: Bitbucket
    Local Builds Work?: Yes
    Build Target: Android
    Local Project Version: 2019.1.11f1
    Cloud Build Target Version: 2019.1.11f1

Plugins Used:
    Firebase
    DoozyUI
    DoTween
    Bugsnag
    Vuforia
    Unity IAP

Pastebin with longer build log. I removed part of the log due to size limit, the rest was updating the android dependencies.

2. calebbbarton

calebbbarton

Solutions Tried:
    -Clean Builds
    -Turning off Caching
    -Searching for connected text assets
    -Removing Unity Analytics
    -Re-importing and updating Doozy

3. ollieblanks

ollieblanks

Unity Technologies

Hey @calebbbarton

We have had other customers experience the exact same behaviour with the DoozyUI plugin. The problem was with GUISkins within the plugin, once moved to the Editor Default Resources folder and related scripts fixed, the issue was resolved.

Hope this helps!

4. calebbbarton

calebbbarton

Hi there,

This has resolved the issue. Thank you very much.

For those wondering, I moved 6 files to Editor Default Resources. Two DarkSkin and LightSkin files (which I renamed to prevent filename conflict), and QSkinDark/Light. Then I simply followed the error messages to the relevant styles.cs scripts and changed the target location of the skins folder and the name of the skins file.

Thanks for helping.

ollieblanks likes this.
  5. novaVision

novaVision

Got similar issue but
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Asset name: Font Material
    instead.
    Plugins used:
    • DoozyUI
    • DOTween
    • Branch.io
    • TurboSwitch
    • QRCode
    • SRIA
    • TextMeshPro
    Unity 2019.1.14

Editor Default Resources contains only TurboSwitch assets without any Font Material. In general there are 43! build errors. Here is a full list... Don't have a clue where to look for a solution.

6. zukinet

zukinet

Hi, @ollieblanks,

I have Doozy UI, Do you mean Move "Doozy UI > Resources > DUI" to "Doozy UI > Editor > Resouces > DUI"?

but every time I do this, the Resouces folder filled again with a blank folder...

7. zukinet

zukinet

Hi @ollieblanks and @calebbbarton,

the last update, I delete the doozy UI folder/plugin, but build is still failed...
    any idea?

8. ollieblanks

ollieblanks

Unity Technologies

Hi @zukinet,

You will need to create an Editor Default Resources folder. It must be placed in the root of the Project; directly within the Assets folder. Place the needed Asset files in this Editor Default Resources folder or a subfolder within it. Once done you will need to modify any EditorGUIUtility.Load calls to point to the correct path as described above by @calebbbarton.

Hope that helps!

9. zukinet

zukinet

@ollieblanks Hi, Thank You for detailed explanation... great. so can i put all of my plugin in "editor default resouces" folder? or just asset (image, sound, prefab) ?