Search Unity

Android building fails due to scripts NOT used in the scene.

Discussion in 'Android' started by lasco, Apr 18, 2012.

1. lasco

lasco

Hi people,
    running Unity Pro 3.5.0f5, Mac OS

This is my very first test with Android publishing.

I wanted to build a very simple scene with 3 balls and a cube, only to test Android publishing.

But the building fails with Console errors about scripts :
    - that are included in Unity (not scripts I made myself) so I don't see where errors can be
    - that works fine when editing Mac or PC standalones
    - and especially that are not even used in the scene I try to build.

So please what did I miss here ?

2. Tseng

Tseng

Are this Standard Assets by chance from an old version, i.e. 3.3 or 3.4 and you forgot to reimport them once you installed 3.5?

3. lasco

lasco

well I'm not sure.

I just installed 3.5 version once and don't know which / if Standard Assets were replaced.I did not "reimport" any component or asset more than this install.

I thought it was the case (mean automatic replacement) but after all I don't know. How to check this ?

Fact is that some of these scripts are very simple js and I don't really see what should be "reimported".
    For example, your post would mean that var MovieTexture does not exist anymore as I also get error messages whith it (happens only when publishing Android and, still, while the script is not used in the scene)

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  4. Tseng

Tseng

The Standard Assets inside a project do not get replaced automatically on upgrade, because it makes no sense as this could cause sudden errors when some of the scripts change drastically.

If the Standard Assets were updated, in 3.5 you must reimport them manually

5. lasco

lasco

ok I'll check and try it.

Thanx for reply.