Search Unity

Android build that crashes on execution with ref to android.support.v4.content.fileprovider?

Discussion in 'Android' started by baraqu, Sep 23, 2019.

1. baraqu

baraqu

I have a Unity3d project that I am building for Android that suddenly stopped building last week. Something in our build setup must have changed and we can't figure out what is going on. I have tried to re-clone the repo from last week prior to the break but still no dice. I have re-installed Unity and Android SDK and even tried it on a different box and nothing works. It seems to be a Java related issue as it is complaining about missing a java class, but I am at a loss as to how to have the builder find the missing class, as I have not touched any of the Java stuff.

I kind of remember windows doing an update around the time everything stopped working. Does anyone have any experience, strength, or hope regarding this scenario?

Below is a snippet from the "adb logcat" of my phone when I try to execute the program.

AndroidRuntime: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to get provide android.support.v4.content.FileProvicer: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn't find class "android.support.v4.content.FileProvider" on path DexPathList[[zip file "/data/app/com.myco.myprogram-12341fsafd1234==/base.apk"], nativeLibraryDirectories=[/data/app/com.myco.myprogram-12341fsafd1234==/lib/arm64, /system/lib64]]

Additionally, the thing I have noticed is new builds tend to hang on install now with the last 10% of the install. It never did that before.

Thanks in advance! -Louis