Search Unity

Android Build Error Help?

Discussion in 'Android' started by smasters654, Sep 13, 2017.

1. smasters654

smasters654

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to build out an update to one of my android games and I keep getting this error below, I have no idea whats causing it. I tried searching google and found similar topics but I couldn't fix it with those suggested fixes. I tried downgrading my android tools but that didn't do anything either. I am on unity 5.1.5f3

Thanks if anyone can point me in the right direction.

CommandInvokationFailure: Failed to re-package resources. See the Console for details.
    C:\Users\Shane\AppData\Local\Android\sdk\build-tools\23.0.2\aapt.exe package --auto-add-overlay -v -f -m -J gen -M AndroidManifest.xml -S "res" -I "C:/Users/Shane/AppData/Local/Android/sdk\platforms\android-23\android.jar" -F bin/resources.ap_ --extra-packages

stderr[
    res\values-zh\strings.xml:3: error: Apostrophe not preceded by \ (in Don't Pop! Dungeon)

res\values-en\strings.xml:3: error: Apostrophe not preceded by \ (in Don't Pop! Dungeon)

]
    stdout[
    Configurations:
    (default)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  2. reedny

reedny

It's the apostrophe in your game name. You can see the strings.xml file under the TEMP dir:
    projectDir\Temp\StagingArea\res\values
    The apostrophe is not a valid xml char unless escaped or written as '
    Unity should probably escape it for you, but try changing the package name to see if the works.

3. smasters654

smasters654

Thanks I figured that was it but i couldn't find where it was pulling the name from. I finally found it though. Thanks!