Search Unity

[Android ]Breakout Ultimate

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by IPnose, Apr 5, 2019.

1. IPnose

IPnose

Hi, everyone,
    I come back today to introduce you to my second Android game (allowing me to gradually build up my skills on the platform and on Unity3D).
    Today it is the port of the brick-breaker I developed a few years ago for WinRT. Well when I talk about porting, in reality it's a complete rewrite of it.

I still kept the original name, remarkable for its originality: Breakout Ultimate.

I think you all know the principle and mechanics of a brick-breaker, so rather than leaving in a long speech I give you a sample of the 40 levels available (for the moment).

Thank you very much in advance if you take the time to test and give me a little feedback (or even leave me a review on the store to help me reference the whole thing).

Google play store : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pamperedbytes.breakoutultimate

A good day to all of you.

ClaudiaTheDev likes this.
  2. IPnose

IPnose

Hi,
    A short video to get all this moving :

ClaudiaTheDev likes this.
  3. ClaudiaTheDev

ClaudiaTheDev

I am not so into mobile games so i write only my opinion with viewing the video and screenshots:

I really like the art style - nice glowing with kinda grungy look!
    From the screenshots and video it seems there is a lot of variety in the levels which is cool! Some levels themes are really charming :) like the pacman ghosts or the super nintendo controller or rubiks cube!
    I think the game looks decent regarding that this is only your second android game.

4. AkiraWong89

AkiraWong89

I like the art style too. Feels warm and charming.;)

@IPnose
    Does the ball bounce direction totally physical calculated or fixed angles?
    I tried making Breakout games before and found out that...
    Physically calculated might make the ball bounce right horizontally and won't go down.
    So ended up I hard coded the fixed 8 or 12 directions by using contact points & velocity.

5. IPnose

IPnose

Thank you both very much for your comments.

I let the physics engine manage on its own up to certain critical thresholds where I intervene via a small script (precisely to avoid that the balls get stuck horizontally).
    In other words, there is an angle below which the ball cannot go.

6. IPnose

IPnose

Hey, everybody.
    I'm digging up my topic to add an image from the last level pack I created (some time ago).

Those who are truly nostalgic for the Arkanoid game (the real one, the one that came out in the Jurassic era or so) will recognize a sample of the levels they were playing at the time.

Don't hesitate (yes, I feel you hesitate) to test all this, it's done with love.