Search Unity

[android] Bomb: A Modern Take on Missile Command

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by soooma, Oct 10, 2018.

1. soooma

soooma

Hello All,

I would like to share with you my first game with Unity. I am relatively new to game development, and have been tinkering with SpriteKit and actually managed to make a game which turned out to be somewhat similar to Missile Command.

Discovering how cumbersome iOS development can be, I wanted to try something easier, so I ported/rewrote the game to Android using Unity, treating it as a learning experience at the same time. I found the overall experience much faster. If I count the number of hours I spent developing the game, I would say that it took me only 25% of the time that it took me to do the original on iOS. Of course, you need to consider that I reused the graphic, and didn't design anything from scratch. So the ultimate test would be when I do my next game using Unity, which will be from scratch.

So here is the link to the game, which is completely free.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.soooma.bomb

I hope you enjoy it.

GarBenjamin likes this.
  2. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

Well done! Very simple very solid smooth playing game. I played it one time and it is very easy to pick up & play with a nice overall design & aesthetic.

3. soooma

soooma

Thanks for playing. Have you noticed any fps drop later in the game? I use a pixel 2 so it can handle all the particle effects for no issues, but I cannot get hold of an older phone to check the performance, say around Galaxy S5 or S6 era.

GarBenjamin likes this.
  4. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

I upgraded from an S4 to a S7 last year. No fps drop when I played. I generally keep same phone for a few years though so when you make a game couple years from now and S7 is seen as very old if I am still around can test. Lol

5. KellerDev

KellerDev

Nice style! The black and white images make it more creepy, which I like.