Search Unity

1. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Want more efficiency in your development work? Sign up to receive weekly tech and creative know-how from Unity experts.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Build games and experiences that can load instantly and without install. Explore the Project Tiny Preview today!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Nominations have been announced for this years Unity Awards. Celebrate the wonderful projects made by your peers this year and get voting! Vote here!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

[android] Bomb: A Modern Take on Missile Command

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by soooma, Oct 10, 2018.

1. soooma

soooma

Hello All,

I would like to share with you my first game with Unity. I am relatively new to game development, and have been tinkering with SpriteKit and actually managed to make a game which turned out to be somewhat similar to Missile Command.

Discovering how cumbersome iOS development can be, I wanted to try something easier, so I ported/rewrote the game to Android using Unity, treating it as a learning experience at the same time. I found the overall experience much faster. If I count the number of hours I spent developing the game, I would say that it took me only 25% of the time that it took me to do the original on iOS. Of course, you need to consider that I reused the graphic, and didn't design anything from scratch. So the ultimate test would be when I do my next game using Unity, which will be from scratch.

So here is the link to the game, which is completely free.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.soooma.bomb

I hope you enjoy it.

GarBenjamin likes this.
  2. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

Well done! Very simple very solid smooth playing game. I played it one time and it is very easy to pick up & play with a nice overall design & aesthetic.

3. soooma

soooma

Thanks for playing. Have you noticed any fps drop later in the game? I use a pixel 2 so it can handle all the particle effects for no issues, but I cannot get hold of an older phone to check the performance, say around Galaxy S5 or S6 era.

GarBenjamin likes this.
  4. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

I upgraded from an S4 to a S7 last year. No fps drop when I played. I generally keep same phone for a few years though so when you make a game couple years from now and S7 is seen as very old if I am still around can test. Lol

5. KellerDev

KellerDev

Nice style! The black and white images make it more creepy, which I like.