Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Android] Board Battlefield - turn based strategy game

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by iceberg, Dec 28, 2017.

?

In which category should I place this game on the Play Store, 'Strategy Games' or 'Board Games'?

Poll closed Jan 14, 2018.
  1. Strategy Games

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Board Games

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. iceberg

iceberg

Quick and action packed dice based battles for players looking for something more than the guesswork of Battleship but not quite the complexity of Chess.

I made this game because I felt that strategy/tactics games on mobile are either too simple or involve too much grid and time commitment. Board Battlefield falls somewhere in between and is good for a quick 5 minute strategy fix :)

Get it on the Google Play Store here: Board Battlefield
    Trailer: here

Although the game is released, I am looking for more ideas to develop it further. So if you have any ideas for more unit types, terrain obstacles, game modes etc. then please share them here.

Thanks!

Airstrike_newEnv.jpg
    Inf airdrop_newEnv.jpg
    Inf Firing_newEnv.jpg
    Naval Strike UI_newEnv.jpg
    Naval Strike_newEnv.jpg

2. John3D

John3D

Nice graphics. Good luck with your game!

3. iceberg

iceberg

Thank you. In the absence of a marketing budget, I will mostly be depending on luck :)

4. KATblKST

KATblKST

Good work!

5. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Not all marketing requires a budget. Have you reached out to any mobile focused tubers or streamers, online publications like pocketgamer and toucharcade? Creating threads on there forums can also draw some attention directly from players. :)

6. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Also set up a presskit so when any press asks for it you will have it ready. :)

7. iceberg

iceberg

I have done and I am in the process of doing some of the things that you mention. But I am still clubbing all of that under luck :D

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  8. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Luck definitely diminishes without action. ;) I always imagine developers who say they are 'depending' on luck, click the submit button, sit with fingers and toes crossed for 36 hours straight, with an auto refresh on the analytics page. :D

9. MykytaV

MykytaV

Hello, iceberg!
    I'v played in your game. And I had this problem in tutorial phase:

Screenshot_20171229-080244[1].jpeg

I'm a fan of isometric games. And you've got a promising game. In my opinion, It would be cool, if units will be dealing different damage (e.g. soldier kills tank after 2 shots).
    Good luck with your game)

10. iceberg

iceberg

Hi Nick, apologies for the late reply, for some reason I didn't get a notification for your message. Thank you for your feedback, I am always looking for ideas for improving the game.

As for the error, I hope that was a one off or does it happen every time you play?