Search Unity

Android Bluetooth Multiplayer

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by ZimM, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Kohijin

Kohijin

Hello, I'm currently evaluating bluetooth android solutions for a client's mobile VR project. This plugin was recommended to me multiple times, but after following this thread and the recent reviews of the plugin, could someone from LostPolygon please clarify if this is still actively supported? Thanks!

ZachOfAllTradez likes this.
  2. bsharif

bsharif

I bought this plugin, implement and add this in my live app and then developer abandoned us.
    I got this crash report every day over 1000 times.
    Caused by
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Caused by
    2.   at android.app.LoadedApk$ReceiverDispatcher$Args.lambda$-android_app_LoadedApk$ReceiverDispatcher$Args_52651 (LoadedApk.java:1329)
    3.   at android.app.-$Lambda$aS31cHIhRx41653CMnd4gZqshIQ.$m$7 (Unknown Source:4)
    4.   at android.app.-$Lambda$aS31cHIhRx41653CMnd4gZqshIQ.run (Unknown Source:39)
    5.   at android.os.Handler.handleCallback (Handler.java:794)
    6.   at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage (Handler.java:99)
    7.   at android.os.Looper.loop (Looper.java:176)
    8.   at android.app.ActivityThread.main (ActivityThread.java:6635)
    9.   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke (Native Method)
    10.   at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run (RuntimeInit.java:547)
    11.   at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main (ZygoteInit.java:823)
    12. Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException:
    13.   at com.lostpolygon.unity.bluetoothmediator.b.b.f (Unknown Source:2)
    14.   at com.lostpolygon.unity.bluetoothmediator.mediator.BluetoothMediator$a.onReceive (Unknown Source:20)
    15.   at android.app.LoadedApk$ReceiverDispatcher$Args.lambda$-android_app_LoadedApk$ReceiverDispatcher$Args_52651 (LoadedApk.java:1319)
    All caused in Android 8.1 (27)
    If anyone know the solution please let me know. I'll be very grateful.
    Thanks in advance

3. Mauronic

Mauronic

I am looking for a solution as well. Has anyone found an alternative since the developer has seemed to abandon this?

4. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Hi there,

are you still supporting the asset?
    I'd need something specific as this, but looks like last update was in 2017

5. Javierfoe

Javierfoe

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    mardelmariam and Songshine like this.
  6. mardelmariam

mardelmariam

After testing your reposity and trying to make it work for me, I found that the Bluetooth part works nice. However, it doesn't occur the same for the Networking part. After having started the server and connected one device to it, the yellow and purple balls don't load on the screen. I mean, there might be a problem with the device browser controller.
    If you've had this issue before, please tell me how you solved it

Edit: I've already purchased another high-rated Bluetooth plugin, and It works wonders. I recommend to go that path to anyone who is trying to make projects with Bluetooth connectivity.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
  7. motivision

motivision

if I`m right understand this plugin paided right now ?

JamesArndt likes this.
  8. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

Translation: "If I understand correctly, this is a paid plugin now?"

9. Neonov

Neonov

Hi guys,

Could please you explain me how to start working with https://github.com/javierfoe/Multiplayer-Bluetooth-Unity ?

What I've done (also tried these steps in different orders):
    1. Downaloded zip archive by link above
    2. Created new 2D project in Unity 2019
    3. Changed build settings to Android
    4. Drag and drop unzziped folder to Assets
    5. Downloaded and imported "Mirror" plugin via "Assets store" tab in Unity
    6. Downloaded and added https://github.com/SoftwareGuy/Igno...rance-QualityOfLife-136-20200130.unitypackage to the project (btw, it already contains Mirror folder inside!)

However, I cannot compile the project due to error:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Assets\Mirror\Runtime\Transport\Ignorance\IgnoranceClassic.cs(25,37): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Transport' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    My task is to make 2 Android apps. The first one broadcasts accelerometer's data in real time to the second one via Bluetooth. Please let me know if I choosed a wrong way :)

StarShade88 likes this.
  10. StarShade88

StarShade88

Last edited: May 27, 2020
  11. StarShade88

StarShade88

12. Triority2011

Triority2011

hi, i am kinda new to developement so i dont know as advanced stuff so be warned.

first off as soon as i import everything into unity, i get a whole lot of errors like these:

Assets\AndroidBluetoothMultiplayer\Demos\LegacyNetworking\Assets\Scripts\NetworkTransformInterpolation.cs(24,44): error CS0619: 'BitStream' is obsolete: 'The legacy networking system has been removed in Unity 2018.2. Use Unity Multiplayer and NetworkIdentity instead.'
    Assets\AndroidBluetoothMultiplayer\Demos\LegacyNetworking\Assets\Scripts\NetworkTransformInterpolation.cs(24,62): error CS0619: 'NetworkMessageInfo' is obsolete: 'The legacy networking system has been removed in Unity 2018.2. Use Unity Multiplayer and NetworkIdentity instead.'
    Assets\AndroidBluetoothMultiplayer\Demos\LegacyNetworking\Assets\Scripts\TestActor.cs(86,45): error CS0619: 'BitStream' is obsolete: 'The legacy networking system has been removed in Unity 2018.2. Use Unity Multiplayer and NetworkIdentity instead.'
    Assets\AndroidBluetoothMultiplayer\Demos\LegacyNetworking\Assets\Scripts\TestActor.cs(86,63): error CS0619: 'NetworkMessageInfo' is obsolete: 'The legacy networking system has been removed in Unity 2018.2. Use Unity Multiplayer and NetworkIdentity instead.'
    Assets\AndroidBluetoothMultiplayer\Demos\LegacyNetworking\Assets\Scripts\TestActor.cs(18,17): error CS0619: 'NetworkView' is obsolete: 'The legacy networking system has been removed in Unity 2018.2. Use Unity Multiplayer and NetworkIdentity instead.'
    Assets\AndroidBluetoothMultiplayer\Demos\LegacyNetworking\Assets\Scripts\FileTransfer.cs(17,17): error CS0619: 'NetworkView' is obsolete: 'The legacy networking system has been removed in Unity 2018.2. Use Unity Multiplayer and NetworkIdentity instead.'
    Assets\AndroidBluetoothMultiplayer\Demos\LegacyNetworking\Assets\Scripts\TestActor.cs(79,10): error CS0619: 'RPC' is obsolete: 'The legacy networking system has been removed in Unity 2018.2. Use Unity Multiplayer and NetworkIdentity instead.'
    Assets\AndroidBluetoothMultiplayer\Demos\LegacyNetworking\Assets\Scripts\FileTransfer.cs(110,10): error CS0619: 'RPC' is obsolete: 'The legacy networking system has been removed in Unity 2018.2. Use Unity Multiplayer and NetworkIdentity instead.'
    Assets\AndroidBluetoothMultiplayer\Demos\LegacyNetworking\Assets\Scripts\FileTransfer.cs(122,10): error CS0619: 'RPC' is obsolete: 'The legacy networking system has been removed in Unity 2018.2. Use Unity Multiplayer and NetworkIdentity instead.'
    Assets\AndroidBluetoothMultiplayer\Demos\LegacyNetworking\Assets\Scripts\FileTransfer.cs(133,10): error CS0619: 'RPC' is obsolete: 'The legacy networking system has been removed in Unity 2018.2. Use Unity Multiplayer and NetworkIdentity instead.'
    Assets\AndroidBluetoothMultiplayer\Source\UNetSupport\AndroidBluetoothNetworkManagerHelper.cs(16,30): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'NetworkManager' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    Assets\AndroidBluetoothMultiplayer\Source\UNetSupport\AndroidBluetoothNetworkManager.cs(10,51): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'NetworkManager' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    Assets\AndroidBluetoothMultiplayer\Source\UNetSupport\AndroidBluetoothNetworkLobbyManager.cs(10,56): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'NetworkLobbyManager' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    Assets\AndroidBluetoothMultiplayer\Demos\UNet\Scripts\TestActor.cs(10,30): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'NetworkBehaviour' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    Assets\AndroidBluetoothMultiplayer\Demos\UNet\Scripts\CreateTapMarkerMessage.cs(5,43): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'MessageBase' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    Assets\AndroidBluetoothMultiplayer\Source\UNetSupport\AndroidBluetoothNetworkManagerHUD.cs(14,54): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'NetworkManagerHUD' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    Assets\AndroidBluetoothMultiplayer\Source\UNetSupport\AndroidBluetoothNetworkManagerHelper.cs(21,19): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'NetworkManager' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    Assets\AndroidBluetoothMultiplayer\Source\UNetSupport\AndroidBluetoothNetworkManagerHUD.cs(12,30): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'NetworkManager' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    Assets\AndroidBluetoothMultiplayer\Source\UNetSupport\AndroidBluetoothNetworkLobbyManager.cs(11,30): error CS0115: 'AndroidBluetoothNetworkLobbyManager.OnStopClient()': no suitable method found to override
    Assets\AndroidBluetoothMultiplayer\Source\UNetSupport\AndroidBluetoothNetworkManager.cs(11,30): error CS0115: 'AndroidBluetoothNetworkManager.OnStopClient()': no suitable method found to override
    Assets\AndroidBluetoothMultiplayer\Demos\UNet\Scripts\TestActor.cs(72,30): error CS0115: 'TestActor.OnStartClient()': no suitable method found to override
    Assets\AndroidBluetoothMultiplayer\Demos\UNet\Scripts\BluetoothMultiplayerDemoNetworkManager.cs(19,44): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'NetworkClient' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    Assets\AndroidBluetoothMultiplayer\Demos\UNet\Scripts\BluetoothMultiplayerDemoNetworkManager.cs(26,44): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'NetworkConnection' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    Assets\AndroidBluetoothMultiplayer\Demos\UNet\Scripts\BluetoothMultiplayerDemoNetworkManager.cs(56,53): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'NetworkMessage' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    Assets\AndroidBluetoothMultiplayer\Demos\UNet\Scripts\BluetoothMultiplayerDemoNetworkManager.cs(63,53): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'NetworkMessage' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    Assets\AndroidBluetoothMultiplayer\Demos\UNet\Scripts\BluetoothMultiplayerDemoNetworkManager.cs(12,30): error CS0115: 'BluetoothMultiplayerDemoNetworkManager.OnStartServer()': no suitable method found to override
    Assets\AndroidBluetoothMultiplayer\Demos\UNet\Scripts\BluetoothMultiplayerDemoNetworkManager.cs(19,30): error CS0115: 'BluetoothMultiplayerDemoNetworkManager.OnStartClient(NetworkClient)': no suitable method found to override
    Assets\AndroidBluetoothMultiplayer\Demos\UNet\Scripts\BluetoothMultiplayerDemoNetworkManager.cs(26,30): error CS0115: 'BluetoothMultiplayerDemoNetworkManager.OnServerReady(NetworkConnection)': no suitable method found to override
    Assets\AndroidBluetoothMultiplayer\Demos\UNet\Scripts\TestActor.cs(13,10): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'SyncVarAttribute' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    Assets\AndroidBluetoothMultiplayer\Demos\UNet\Scripts\TestActor.cs(13,10): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'SyncVar' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    Assets\AndroidBluetoothMultiplayer\Demos\UNet\Scripts\TestActor.cs(20,10): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'SyncVarAttribute' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    Assets\AndroidBluetoothMultiplayer\Demos\UNet\Scripts\TestActor.cs(20,10): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'SyncVar' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    Assets\AndroidBluetoothMultiplayer\Demos\UNet\Scripts\TestActor.cs(20,18): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'hook' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    Assets\AndroidBluetoothMultiplayer\Demos\UNet\Scripts\TestActor.cs(23,10): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'SyncVarAttribute' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    Assets\AndroidBluetoothMultiplayer\Demos\UNet\Scripts\TestActor.cs(23,10): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'SyncVar' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    Assets\AndroidBluetoothMultiplayer\Demos\UNet\Scripts\TestActor.cs(23,18): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'hook' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

i know its hard to read but id like to know why this happens, do i need to have the target Platform set to android? what unity version do i need to open this in?
    and do i need any other packages installed?

thx in advance

13. Javierfoe

Javierfoe

Hi mardelmariam, I recently updated the repository to the latest versions of unity and mirror. And added support for all Mirror example scenes to test the functionality. What bluetooth plugin did you purchase?