Search Unity

Games [Android] Blocks - looking for testers in other languages

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by n3v3r001, Dec 13, 2018.

1. n3v3r001

n3v3r001

Hello commUNITY :)

i created the game named Blocks, because my grandma like tetris and got a smartphone. To lern her the usage of a touchscreen in a nice way, i looked for a tetris like game, which is also really easy to use. So i found games like Blocks.

But all the games hat so many advertisement.. thats really confusing for her. So in a few days she installed many advertised games, because she unintentionally clicked to install the games, while trying to just close the advertisements. (the tiny little X to close them ist mostly hidden or hard to find).
    So she ended up with a smarthone full of crap...

Because of this i decided to use this app idea as my first Android Release. I started to develop Blocks and over the last weeks i polished it more and more. I think its currently in a good contition, but it was only german.

So i now added support also for english (also made english as default language).
    But i cant test this, because on my devices the game keeps to be german, also if i set my android system language to englisch.

Now it´s your turn:
    I ask as many of you in different countries to test the app. Please post me here in which country you live and if the game worked for you in english or german.

Also about feedback on the game, I would be very happy.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.castlerockgames.blocks

Thanks!

2. B_A

B_A

Hi there!

I tried your Blocks game.
    My phone is set up in english and i'm in Canada.
    The game installed in German and I wasn't able to change it to English.

A suggestion I have would be to add the ability to rotate the pieces by tapping them. I tried a few games and I ran out of placement options very quickly.

I would also like to see the remaining blocks drop down after a row is cleared. Having them stay in the same place creates very awkward situations where the screen can fill up easy too fast. Maybe that's part of the challenge you are hoping to create though?

I hope that helps!

3. n3v3r001

n3v3r001

Thank you very much for testing the game and the language!