Search Unity

Android audio cannot create FMOD in 2018.3.1.f1 (or 2018.4.6f1)...

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by JanusAnderson, Aug 16, 2019.

1. JanusAnderson

JanusAnderson

I've been struggling the last couple of weeks upgrading a live game from stable Unity 2017.4.1 in order to create 64 bit builds for Android. I've been through many versions of Unity... starting with 2017.4.30f1 which introduced a game-breaking bug with RectMask2D that I was unable to address with any workaround.

On the hunt for the right version of Unity that would support android 64 and not have the RectMask2D bug, I've made it to a stable-ish 2018.3.1f1 with a workaround for the bug that fixes it in the 2018.2+ versions of the game (see this thread), I've stumbled into many more major problems including issues with migrating a project using TextMeshPro (thanks to Stephan B. for amazing support on this), several issues regarding upgrading google play games and other plugins, but I'm now stuck on a problem with my Android build.

No matter which compression format I select (and I really need Vorbis compression if possible), any sounds I load from a resource pack won't play, giving me the error:

Cannot create FMOD::Sound instance for resource archive:/CAB-23df87aee921eddbaa36908962a29a21/CAB-23df87aee921eddbaa36908962a29a21.resource, (Unsupported file or audio format. )

I've tried all the compression formats, even PCM, changing the load type, preload options, etc. and I still get the error, in both 2018.3.f1 and 2018.4.6f1. I've deleted the Library folder and rebuilt the project from scratch too. Any ideas on what I should try next here?

2. JVLVince

JVLVince

I having same problem. Hope someone can help. In my case it wasn't unsupported format error but the file not found error. (I'm pretty sure the file is exist, the iOS version run without this error) :(