Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only. On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live. Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

Question Android app-set-id in Unity

Discussion in 'Android' started by kkkzzzaaasss, Jan 11, 2024.

1. kkkzzzaaasss

kkkzzzaaasss

Hello Unity community!

I've been exploring the Android documentation and stumbled upon the concept of App Set ID as a unique identifier for Android devices, akin to the UIDevice.identifierForVendor on iOS. Currently, Unity's SystemInfo.deviceUniqueIdentifier returns the ANDROID_ID, which might not be suitable for my project due to potential device-specific issues and the need for a consistent app-signing key.

After researching, I've come across the option of creating a custom Android plugin. However, I'm not familiar with building plugins or Android native development. ‍♂️

I was wondering if there's a way to achieve this directly in C# without creating a separate Android plugin.

If anyone has experience with this or can provide guidance on how to implement it within Unity using C# without relying on a separate plugin, I would greatly appreciate your insights.

Thank you in advance!

2. kkkzzzaaasss

kkkzzzaaasss

For anyone that have same issue :
    I implemented a plugin that use with App Set Id and it looks like it work fine like the UIDevice.identifierForVendor