Search Unity

Question Android app icon low quality even with no compression

Discussion in 'Android' started by OffgridChris, Aug 14, 2022.

1. OffgridChris

OffgridChris

Hi,

I'm trying to sharpen the icon texture for my app on android as it looks blurry compared to other apps I have installed but it seems no matter what import settings I apply, the quality is always low. Below you can see part of the resulting app icon where the orange straight lines are pretty jagged.

If I resize the icon image myself in photoshop to the same resolution, I get the following:

See how much straighter and sharper the lines look. That's what I'm after in the final result.

I've tried using a 512px x 512px texture and setting it as the 'default icon' in player settings. I've also tried resizing it to all the various configurations for adaptive/rounded/legacy but I always get similar, low quality results. And AFAIK, I've not set any compression. Here are my current import settings:

Hope someone can help :)

Cheers

Ronso007 likes this.
  2. Ronso007

Ronso007

Have you find a solution after all this time? I have this problem for the past month..
    The only solution I found was to export the project to android studio and then add the image in there, but it's too time consuming.

Help will be much appreciated!

Last edited: May 30, 2023
  3. Ronso007

Ronso007

Anyone?

4. Aurimas-Cernius

Aurimas-Cernius

Unity Technologies

Could you submit a bug for this?
    We only need an empty project with icon setup.
    Thanks.

pixelsprite_unity likes this.