Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Android app getting rejected cause Unity collects device id and ad id. (old bug returned)

Discussion in 'Android' started by JufJannieApps, Jun 4, 2021.

1. JufJannieApps

JufJannieApps

In an old issue
    https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...-doesnt-meet-the-families-policy-requirements
    you could not submit unity apps to the store if you target kids. Even if you have no internet connection in your app and 0 services trackers etc.
    The issue was fixed according to unity, but in the latest LTS 2020.311f1 it seems to have returned. It also does not work in the latest beta versions i tried.

Is there a different solution? I don not want to add a privacy statement where I explain that I do not collect any of their data but Unity makes Android think it does so I have to say I do while I don't. That would come over as very shady to the consumer.
    I submitted a new bug report, but it is basically a copy paste of the original post.

2. kaarloew

kaarloew

Are you sure it comes from Unity, and not from some 3rd party plugin?

3. JufJannieApps

JufJannieApps

I am sure, there are 0 third party plugins. No services. The manifest does not request internet permission, which it would do if it needed permission for something. It even happens with empty new projects