Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Android App crashes when I 'Add Profiler > GPU' in the profiler window (Vulkan)

Discussion in '2017.2 Beta' started by Prodigga, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Prodigga

Prodigga

I disabled all graphics API's except Vulkan on Android.

I build my game using the Developer Build option.

I want to profile my shaders + rendering, so I attach the profiler while my app is running and click on Add Profiler > GPU. My app crashes. Until I remove the 'GPU Usage' row in the Profile Window, my app crashes every time I connect the profiler to it.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

I experienced this issue in 2017.1, so I downloaded the beta (b8) to see if it was 'fixed' and I still experience it. I just wanted to bring it up and see if it's just me..!

2. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Hi Prodigga,
    Can you please file a bug report with a minimal reproduction case and reply in here with the case #?

3. Prodigga

Prodigga

Sure thing

Unfortunately I do not have access to the beta at the office, so I submitted via 2017.1p3 but I can confirm the 'exact' (from what I can see) same issue happens on the latest beta too (I tested that b8 at home before I posted here :) )

I cleared the logs in log cat, ran the game, attached profiler, witnessed the crash and stopped the logs shortly after. I have attached those logs with the report.

The project is just a brand new Unity Project, nothing is changed except:

• Set the target platform to Android
    • I turned on Development build
    • Added a cube to an empty scene, saved it ('Test.unity') and added it to the scene list in build settings
    • Removed all graphics API's except Vulkan (as GPU profiler does not work on 'regular' Android devices (Only Intel and one other one))
    I submitted a bug report just waiting for the confirmation email to come through.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  4. Prodigga

Prodigga

Case 944118

LeonhardP likes this.