Search Unity

Android App Bundle Issues

Discussion in 'Android' started by That1phillps, May 28, 2020.

1. That1phillps

That1phillps

I am publishing my second app on android. I was surprised to learn that I had to use a bundle. In doing so, I am finding that the app isn't available on all of the devices that the dashboard claims it is compatible with. In this case, it will not download. So far, this is specific to LG V20 and LG V30.

Further, and most likely unrelated, my app uses the gyro and accelerometer. For Pixel phones, the acceleration data will not register.

I remember seeing that there was a standard list for the bundle that could be altered and is set by default when coming out of Unity. For instance, "Forward Facing Camera" is a default requirement and there is some way to update that list. I have no idea where to begin looking for a fix, but I am wondering if that list of "required peripherals" could have something to do with my issue.

So this is a plea for help. Point me in a direction and I will follow self-sufficeintly. I just don't have an educated direction to go atm. The app is AWESOME! Help me get it out there!

2. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

AFAIK you can still just use APK + split obb.

3. That1phillps

That1phillps

Thank you! I will look into it.

4. That1phillps

That1phillps

Oh, lol.... I didn't realize that AFAIK was "as far as I know." I thought it was a file I was unfamiliar with. This is a legit thing. Android releases must now be published under an aab file. You can't post APK's anymore. My APK works fine on the phones that I have tested it on, but the aab file just isn't working. Have poured 8 months into this app and can't get past the internal test phase because of this.

5. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

I don't think that's true, and I just submitted an APK 5 minutes ago (although it was an update, maybe something changed for new apps? I googled it a bit, couldn't find anything). Sure Google Play posts some bullshit warning when you give it an APK, but you can still publish it.

Last edited: May 29, 2020