Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.1 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Android, AAS 0.4.8, rawdataprovider cant read hash, all local files, packed mode

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by Yerkisk, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Yerkisk

Yerkisk

Okay, so I've read a bunch of other threads where people were having trouble with their remote addressable assets, but In my case I get the Rawdataprovider can't read from storage/emulated/0/ catalog.hash file even though all my asset groups are using the same settings :

Play Mode Script : Packed Mode

Timeout = 0
    Build Path : LocalBuildPath (Assets/StreamingAssets/com.unity.addressables/Android
    Load Path : LocalLoadPath ({UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.Addressables.RuntimePath}/Android
    Bundle Mode : Pack Together
    Asset Bundle Provider Type : AssetBundleProvider

ContentUpdateGroupSchema has Static Content to true.

When I look at the files on my android, I do see the hash catalog and the json in the folder indicated in the error message. Permissions were also granted upon starting the app for access to the external storage.

I'm using Unity 2018.2.17f1, Addressables version 0.4.8-preview. I'm deploying on a Google Pixel 2 phone.

When running from the editor, everything works fine, even in packed mode. But as soon as I click Build and Run, the files are transferred to the phone, the application starts with the first scene being loaded, but then the error appears. Note that I'm using Addressables.LoadAsset<customclass>() on 29 scriptableobjects, if that can change anything (I read that some users were having troubles with custom classes being loaded outside of using asset references).

The exception being thrown is :

Exception: RawDataProvider unable to load from url file:///storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.CompanyName.GameName/files/com.unity.addressables/catalog_2018.12.06.06.38.37.hash, result='Generic/unknown HTTP error'.
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException()
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.Addressables:<Initialize>m__0(IAsyncOperation, Exception)
    UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.AsyncOperationBase`1:set_OperationException(Exception)
    UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.InternalOp`1:ConvertResult(AsyncOperation)
    UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.InternalProviderOperation`1:OnComplete(AsyncOperation)
    UnityEngine.AsyncOperation:InvokeCompletionEvent()

(Filename: Line: -1)

If you have any insights, please let me know! I'm keeping up to date with the details provided in the forum until then.

Thanks

CharBodman and Aki2018 like this.