Search Unity

Android 64-bit requirement, removed x86 causing crashes on some devices

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Gillissie, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Gillissie

Gillissie

Due to Google Play's 64-bit requirement that they are now enforcing, we are all required to uncheck the x86 build support. It's understood that this means that a very small amount of devices will no longer be supported, which is acceptable. However, I have multiple users on non-x86 devices reporting that the game will no longer launch - it's just a black screen - since my update without x86.

Can someone with more knowledge of Android CPUs or whatever chime in on this?

Is there something Unity can do to fix this? From what I understand, the only reason x86 can't be used is because Unity isn't supporting x64 (the 64-bit counterpart to x86). However, I'm not sure if the lack of x86 is causing the black screens, since the reported devices seem to be arm devices.

The devices that have so far reported the issue:
    Unimax U504TL
    Galaxy Tab E 9.6 (gtelwifiue)
    Galaxy J2 (j2y18lte)

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
  2. keraj37

keraj37

I will check on your issue as we had also issues with Goole Play's 64bit requirement. Though, I cannot help you on that particular issue. All I can say that excluding x86 for us works well on all test devices that are either armv7 or arm64.

Gillissie likes this.
  3. Gillissie

Gillissie

I just ordered a Galaxy Tab E 9.6 so I can see if I can reproduce and troubleshoot the issue, just in case it is somehow a coding issue, but I doubt it is since it used to launch fine on the device, and it still launches fine on most other devices.