Search Unity

Android (4.0.4) App doesn't show Unity

Discussion in 'Android' started by mlamplmair, Jan 17, 2015.

1. mlamplmair

mlamplmair

Hi there,

I'm using Unity 4.6.1f1 and want to create an android app - the app works fine on most devices but not on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (GT-P7500) with android 4.0.4. On this device I just see the Android Bar with App Icon and App Name but the rest of the screen is black.
    No Unity Logo (or Splash Screen) appears, no sound, still nothing (but the app doesn't crashes).
    To reproduce the issue I make a new unity project just with a simple button, nothing more - same issue!
    I also play arround with the player setting (Display Buffer 24/32 On/Off, Graphic Level GL ES 2.0, and so on) everytime the same issue.
    Screenshot_2015-01-17-11-41-46[1].jpg

2. florianpenzkofer

florianpenzkofer

Unity Technologies

3. mlamplmair

mlamplmair

Thank you!

the patch solved the problem!
    But when I open the project in Unity it rearrange all elements (it is not the big problem to set them new just a little bit unconfortable)

4. mlamplmair

mlamplmair

the rearrangement seems to become a problem now!
    In the unity editor i can set them and it looks good but when I click on play they all jump back to the original position (which is false). When I set them to the new position and save scene and project, close unity and open the scene they changes are not saved

5. mbowen89

mbowen89

Did you say 4.6.1p4 just to get him to the latest patch, or was it something specific in that patched version? I'm trying to find out what the actual issue is.

I'm using 4.5.5p5 and was waiting to update when 4.6.2 comes out. I have an Acer Android x86 tablet with Android 4.4.2 on it, and when I run my build it's just a pure black screen, never even shows splash screen, works fine on my Galaxy S4. However if I build it with the Development Build option, it will actually run like normal.

Was wondering if you could give me more insight on this, thanks.

6. florianpenzkofer

florianpenzkofer

Unity Technologies

Unity 4.6.1p1 had this fix: "(654591) - Android: Fixed freeze during startup on most Amazon Kindle devices."
    Many other (non-Amazon) devices were affected, too. That bug first appeared in Unity 4.6.0p1.
    So your problem is probably caused by a different bug. For your x86 tablet it would still make sense to upgrade because of native x86 support in Unity 4.6 and that also includes bug fixes.

7. mbowen89

mbowen89

I was part of the x86 beta so my 4.5.5p5 has x86 support. Wasn't 4.6.0p1 the patch that brought over a bunch of stuff from 4.5.5p5 though? So maybe it was in 4.5.5p5 as well?

Does it make sense to you why when building with Dev Build option it doesn't freeze before splashscreen? Was that something that was known or consistent with the fix for 654591 bug?