Search Unity

Question Android 13 & Advertising ID Declaration

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by jeremy_crowell, Jul 31, 2022.

1. jeremy_crowell

jeremy_crowell

It's already couple of days I'm fighting with this declaration thus any help/suggestions would be highly appreciated.

My data:
    Minimum API level: Android 4.4 'Kitkat' (API level 19)
    Target API level : Automatic (highest installed)
    Highest: Android 9.0 'Pie' (API level 28)

Should I fill this declaration or not? To be honest I tried both answers, "Yes" and "No". In both situations after couple of hours I got again an invitation message from the google that I should submit declaration form. Or should I archive invitation message once I fill the form?

awsapps and stepan-fiala like this.
  2. mavungait

mavungait

If you are using ads in your game and NOT targeting android 13(api 33) you can ignore the error.
    You can also ignore it if you are not using ads in your game.

If you are using ads in your game its a good idea to fill the Advertising ID form.

As for the "You must complete the advertising ID declaration before you can release an app that targets Android 13 (API 33)" problem, just use the latest sdk for your ads provider. Double check though because I only know that the declaration is automatically done in unity ads(from version 4.3.0), admob(from version 21.1.0) and applovin(from version 11.4.4).

Hope this helps.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
  3. jeremy_crowell

jeremy_crowell

Thank you for your comment. Can you specify the word "sdk"? "SDK" of unity? SDK" of android? Laters admob plugin or?

4. mavungait

mavungait

Are you using ads in your game? If not you can ignore all of that.

5. jeremy_crowell

jeremy_crowell

Yes, I'm using ads in the app. It's the main source of income

6. mavungait

mavungait

Then if your target api level is api 33, you should fill the google declaration form or else it wont let you update your app. If you are targeting api 32 and below, you can ignore the error. But the form is not that difficult to deal with so its a good idea to just fill it.

If I may ask, what version of uniy ads are you using.

7. Sparkline

Sparkline

Does latest version of unity ads declares com.google.android.gms.permission.AD_ID permission in app manifest?

8. jeremy_crowell

jeremy_crowell

It's was quite old version, I guess 2.2 from 2018th. Maybe it was an issue though message "please fill the form" disappeared and moved to "Archive" itself.

9. mavungait

mavungait

Yes....From version 4.3.0 its declares automatically.

awsapps and Sparkline like this.
  10. mavungait

mavungait

It's no problem....Just remember that if at some point in time you want to target api 33 and above, update unity ads to the latest version and fill the ad Id form.

If you need any help with the form do let me know.

jeremy_crowell likes this.
  11. jeremy_crowell

jeremy_crowell

Thank you a lot!!

Btw, if I have following settings:
    Target API level: highest installed
    Minimum API level: Android 5.0 Lolipop (API level 21) and in the list I have API 33 as highest

Does it counted that I'm targeting API 33?

12. mavungait

mavungait

I think it does if you build your game with those settings. I usually manually set my target api level.

13. jeremy_crowell

jeremy_crowell

How can I set manually target api level?

14. mavungait

mavungait

You click on the drop down under target api level and select the one you want.

15. awsapps

awsapps

Related to this: How I do answer the Advertising ID in Google play? Do you know what-for the Advertisement ID is used by Unity?

16. DaytonWolf

DaytonWolf

Thanks for the help, guys. Problems are always the same, you know. Btw, on ZumRoad they advise you to do the same thing, but as I don’t have any ads in my game, I’ve just skipped that declaration. Still, if I want to add the ads to my game, could I somehow resign that declaration? My game has become really popular. It has more than 500k downloads now, so I guess the time has come to add some ads to it. Btw, guys, is there any other way to make money on my game without adding any ads? I’m afraid the users will just delete it if they see ads.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2022