Search Unity

Bug Android 11 devices - no internet and crash?

Discussion in 'Android' started by derkoi, Aug 2, 2021.

1. derkoi

derkoi

I've recently updated my released game to support 64bit devices. I used Unity 2019.4.11

At the start of my game it checks for active internet by trying to download a tiny image from my Google Drive, it's been doing that for 5 years just fine but now it seems to be failing for some players, not only that but it causes the game to crash when they try loading the game level.

Normally when this issue isn't happening and the player has no internet it just warns them that their progress wont be saved and continues as normal.

Is there anyone else who've had this? I can't repro it myself but I have a remote tester with a Galaxy s21 plus which it's happening to but we can't yet figure out the cause.

Thanks

2. JuliusM

JuliusM

Unity Technologies

It looks like you are affected by the Google Drive policy change: https://workspaceupdates.googleblog.com/2021/06/drive-file-link-updates.html

3. derkoi

derkoi

Thanks for the reply but I updated Unity to 2019.4.29 and the issue is solved, no more crashing.

4. JuliusM

JuliusM

Unity Technologies

Glad to hear you were able to fix your crash. Yeah, the policy update is not directly related to a crash, but it is likely a reason why the file download fails, as you say
    Sorry for not being clear on that.

5. derkoi

derkoi

Thanks, that was actually an unrelated issue as was due to me modifying the code and not waiting for the online check to be complete before loading the main menu scene which resulted in the no internet popup showing and then the internet check coming back as ok after the popup was shown. :rolleyes:

JuliusM likes this.