Search Unity

Android - 0 errors, but game behaves as if timeScale == 0.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by fransh, Jun 1, 2014.

1. fransh

fransh

Hey everyone,

As the title says, my game is running as if Time.timeScale == 0, all the GUI elements respond, but the game it self is frozen. And no, the timescale is not set to 0 ;)

If I build it for PC or web, the game runs just fine (just like in the editor). This problem only comes up when i build it to Android, and try to run it on my own phone.
    I did attempt a debug build, but i got 0 errors in return, so that did not help me out a lot.

Are there any known situations where something like this could happen?

2. superpig

superpig

Drink more water! Unity Technologies

How are you testing that the timescale is not zero when running on Android?

3. fransh

fransh

I did not specifically checked the timescale on Android it self, but seeing there is no code setting it to 0, and it runs fine with the exact same code on other platforms, and timescale is on 1 in the settings before i build it, i could see no reason why it would infact be the timescale. I used the timescale as example, to give a good picture of what the effect of the problem i have is.

4. superpig

superpig

Drink more water! Unity Technologies

I'd try a Debug.Log(Time.timeScale) somewhere in startup, just to eliminate it as a factor…

5. Alexey

Alexey

Unity Technologies

what unity version are you using and what phone you are using for testing. At some point we were using EGL_NV_system_time extension and there are devices (nexus one for sure) who report that this is supported but then returning same timestamp all over. 4.5 should have it fixed though