Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Andoid black screen

Discussion in '5.4 Beta' started by LevanSanadiradze, Apr 22, 2016.

1. LevanSanadiradze

LevanSanadiradze

On some android devices, my game opens but shows only black screen (it doesn't even show unity logo) and then automatically closes, While on other devices it works perfectly.

Note that it only happens on some devices and I think this happened after I updated unity editor. Before update it worked on all devices I tested on.

All devices I tested the game on were Jelly Bean but the versions were not same (On some of these devices game worked) and BlueStacks (worked)

I have even tried to build empty project but the same happened on the same devices.

2. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Which version of Unity are you using?

3. LevanSanadiradze

LevanSanadiradze

I'm using Unity 5.4.0b15

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
  4. LevanSanadiradze

LevanSanadiradze

Can someone help me?

5. plottsjp

plottsjp

I've run into a similar issue with windows store 8.1 builds (app splash screen shows up (this is part of the system layer - whereas android doesn't have system level splash screens) then the screen goes black and it sits there doing nothing (it doesn't get killed by the system tho).

You might have better luck trying an il2cpp build for android instead of the standard build. I think ive had success with that on older beta builds (b13 i think) but i cant test it right now because on windows il2cpp requires window 10 (and i'm on win 8.1).

LevanSanadiradze likes this.
  6. Alex-Lian

Alex-Lian

Known issue for specific devices on android. The fix is in flight, but has not yet landed. Likely not this next beta, but the one after.

LevanSanadiradze likes this.