Search Unity

And So It Was (Now on Steam Greenlight!)

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Yanneyanen, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Yanneyanen

Yanneyanen

I have posted screenshots of this project here and there in the past, but I thought it was time for an actual thread. We're still working hard on the game and it's taking shape nicely.
    Here is our new trailer:

And So It Was is a top-down action adventure game with randomized elements to keep things fresh every time you play. The curious game world emphasizes the unique combat elements to make gameplay take center stage.
    In ASIW you play as The Boy, who escapes captivity and goes through unique areas fighting (or avoiding) enemies while trying to figure out how and why he was imprisoned in the first place.

The main features of the game include:
    • Randomly generated levels, each with more to explore than the previous one.
    • You get one life to tackle the challenge with the ability to save and continue a run later.
    • Unique combat mechanics: the more damage you take, the less damage you inflict.
    • Alter the way you play: Make deals so magic orbs give you stamina instead, inflict and take double damage, or pay the price of magic with your stamina...
    • Piece together the lore throughout the game. You might not get all of it on the first run, but you’ll want to play again and again to get the whole story.
    • Good old secret areas that are... well, secret.

For more information, visit www.asiwgame.com and don't forget to vote for us on Steam Greenlight!
      http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=343356670

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  2. Yanneyanen

Yanneyanen

And So It Was is now on Indiegogo!

The game is finally close to being finished and we are asking for your help to cover the final few months of development. The game will release this year, funded or not, but the campaign will be a huge help in covering all our expenses.

There is also a public alpha demo available now and it can be downloaded from http://yanneyanen.itch.io/asiwdemo
    Feel free to try it out and if you like it, consider supporting us on our crowdfunding efforts :)
    Even if you don't contribute, sharing the campaign on any social media would mean the world to us!

3. Yanneyanen

Yanneyanen

Hello!
    Recently I've been hard at work on the game and even though I have posted small updates on Twitter, I haven't updated this thread in quite a while. Here's what's been going on:

Our Indiegogo didn't meet its goal, but it had flexible funding, so even though it didn't make a huge amount of money, I can live for another month :) Thank you for all who contributed!

As far as development is concerned, most of the game is ready now. Pretty much all of the mechanics are in place and only a few minor bugs remain, as far as I can tell anyway, and my plan is to release the game in a couple of months. I've also been posting updates on TIGSource; here are a few recent gifs I've posted on there too:

Also, we're still not greenlit on Steam, so if you like what you see here, head on over to our Steam Greenlight page and give the game a thumbs up! :)