Search Unity

Ancient Land

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Mister-D, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Mister-D

Mister-D

fantasy environment art pack

pack includes:
    rocks(mountains, large rocks,small rocks), ruins(walls, pilars), statue, ancient portal,foliage(grasses, fern, 6 trees) and a meshterrain with shader.
    trees were sculpted in zbrush to get a very organic look and feel and are processed with the CustomTreeImporter to get excellent bending with unity windzones.(trees work with unity terrain)
    texture size is mostly 2k in .png using standard specular setup.
    Asset store

celebrating first release voucher:
    ASV-VX9X-NL4V-HFYU-FR6R-PNH3

2. LostPhilosopher

LostPhilosopher

Oh? Its gone.

3. Mister-D

Mister-D

yes long gone ;)

LostPhilosopher likes this.
  4. Mister-D

Mister-D

any feedback on how to expand this pack? seams like noone is interested in it (sales = zero)
    maybe add character?
    maybe more trees?

5. hopeful

hopeful

I just saw this ... but yeah ... nothing about it tells me why I should get it. Please don't get me wrong, but to my buyer's eyes it looks like a torch, a few rocks, a few bushes, and a glowing squiggle. I don't see what makes it a special environment that I would want to purchase.

Possibly adding a character with a few switchable features would help, but in that case I think people would be buying the character, not the scene. I don't know if it was the music or the colors or what, but I was kind of getting the feel for some kind of spectral / ghosty / tattered / undead type being.

I was just heading to bed, so I'll think about it and see if I have anything smarter to add later. Best wishes!

Mister-D likes this.
  6. Jaimi

Jaimi

I'd suggest to add more things that go along with the theme - e.g., a few modular ruins, statues, etc.

Mister-D likes this.
  7. Mister-D

Mister-D

actually the main assets are the gnarly trees, the video doesnt really do them justice i suppose, i allready made a character that i could include

good points, adding some modular buildings would probably work

8. hopeful

hopeful

I think story might be important. I'm not sure what story is being communicated here. As Jaimi said, maybe some more pieces that fill in the blanks on the idea of "ancient lands" ...?

I think when there is a sense of story, which people can often pick up from just a picture ... then that gets the imagination working in the mind of the viewer. In this case, I don't think there's quite enough yet to get a story started.