Search Unity

AnalyticsSessionInfo.userId and Raw Data Question

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by AntLewis, Sep 4, 2020.

1. AntLewis

AntLewis

Hi all, I'm developing a title for a client who wants to track individual players (anonymously) so they can see how their behaviour changes over time (it's an educational program) and download the raw data. The client has Unity Pro (so they can download raw data) and I've developing using a Unity Pro license (so I can't download the raw data).

Two Questions:
    1. As far as I understand it, for each event I send (such as number of times a particular object is used, how many games per session, what they decide to level up etc) I send custom data containing this info, plus their AnalyticsSessionInfo.userId. As I understand it, it's a unique ID persisted across sessions so we can anonymously track players. Is this correct?
    2. Secondly, sending AnalyticsSessionInfo.userId does seem to work on my Plus license, so I assume I don't need the Pro license to send the event, but I would need the Pro license to download the raw data collected from it?

Many thanks for any help,
    Ant

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Sending events does not require any Unity license but the data you refer to won't be available in the Dashboard. You would need RDE to view this data. Each time a game is launched, it creates a new session.