Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

AnalyticsEvent is deprecated?

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by jinming_cao, Jun 2, 2020.

1. jinming_cao

jinming_cao

I'm new to Unity analytics service. I just checked the official manual with version "2019.3", it says using "AnalyticsEvent" class to send standard events. However, I can only API script reference of "AnalyticsEvent" class prior to version "2018.2", and it says the api is deprecated. So is the manul not update-to-date? what's right way to send standard events for now?

批注 2020-06-02 173252.png 批注 2020-06-02 173457.png

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
  2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

AnalyticsResult ar = Analytics.CustomEvent(...);
    Debug.Log("Result = " + ar.ToString();

or AnalyticsEvent.[Standard Event]

The docs are not quite up to date.

3. jinming_cao

jinming_cao

Thanks for the reply. But I don't completely get what you mean.
    So is AnalyticsEvent class deprecated or not? Should we still use AnalyticsEvent API after Unity 2018.2?

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

Are you getting an error? I don't quite follow. Yes, it should work. By deprecated, do you mean completely removed? If it's present, then it will work. We need to update our docs as I mentioned. If this is for a new project, you might also want to take a look at https://unity.com/products/deltadna

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
  5. jinming_cao

jinming_cao

hi Jeff,

The reason that I think the AnalyticsEvent API is deprecated is that I found the AnalyticsEvent class page was removed from the API Script Reference after v2018.2. I think can use this API with 2018.4 however I'm wondering if it's going to be removed in near future or not. I suppose it's just a missing document issue as you mentioned for now.

unityunity