Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Analytics timestamp issues

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by aitor-prado, Oct 9, 2018.

1. aitor-prado

aitor-prado

Hi,

I'm having issues with analytics timestamps:
    TimestampIssues.png
    In this example you can see the player traveling 4 days to the past between levels 47 and 48... how can this be possible?

Cheers,
    Aitor

PS: The game was done using Unity 5.5.

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

These are logs from about a year ago? The user may have changed the date on their device perhaps?

3. aitor-prado

aitor-prado

Hi Jeff, thanks for your response.
    Didn´t know the timestamp was dependant on the device´s set up date/time, is it submit_time which I need to use or that could have gaps between subsequent events? Ultimately what I need is to calculate times between the first and last event for a session (with current data, without rebuilding the game). Had a custom event sending the time between OnApplicationFocus(true) and OnApplicationFocus(false), but happen to send unreal times (sometimes very near to zero with actual evidence of gameplay and sometimes hours or even days without it).
    Cheers,
    Aitor

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

These logs are from a year ago, it would be difficult to troubleshoot. Do you have recent evidence of this behavior? Does submit_time line up more with your expectations? Keep in mind that we do cache events and sometimes send the events on the next app launch, so submit_time could occur similarly. If this is for only a single user out of many and only happened once, it might be best to ignore it but that is up to you.