Search Unity

Analytics reported numbers seem to be doubled

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by ramsayamarin, Dec 28, 2019.

1. ramsayamarin

ramsayamarin

Unity analytics auto reported numbers such as New daily Users always turn out to be roughly double the value I add up from daily installs from both Google Play + App Store, while retention numbers seem to be half those reported by Apple's App Store. Where can I get support regarding this issue of seemingly faulty calculation / double registration by Unity Analytics?

Thank you.

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

What graph are you viewing? If you are viewing the Livestream page, this is a known issue.

3. ramsayamarin

ramsayamarin

I'm viewing Overview + Data explorer pages, basically the unity reported New Users / DAU / MAU and retention numbers

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

So you know, the numbers will never be the same, we count actual users who play your game, and the stores count downloads only. Also a reinstall by the same user would count as 2 installs. Also, we include users who find and download the APK other than from Google Play, which unfortunately is quite common.

5. ramsayamarin

ramsayamarin

As long as the numbers are accurate that's alright. Can someone at Unity check if the retention numbers are accurate? because they differ widely from those reported by Apple's App Store which measures actual app openings on Day 1, Day 7 and so on.

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

We see no issues, please refer to my previous post. Best to use a single metric source to follow day to day trends