Search Unity

Analytics parameter reported as Others

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by juanminilab, Dec 14, 2018.

1. juanminilab

juanminilab

Hi there,

I'd like to ask something related to the "Others" issue that quite a few developers have been reporting (i.e. here https://forum.unity.com/threads/custom-event-reporting-others.464710/).

So I've got an analytic which is telling me when a bundle is being purchased. One of the parameters of that analytic is the bundle ID. I've got 3 different ones: CampingGear, Winter and DayOutInTrolberg.

According to the data explorer (see image) I'm getting 35 in total:
    20 Others
    11 CampingGear
    4 Winter

Which is strange because I can't see a single reason why there are 20 bundle IDs that are being reported as "Others", since I only have up to 3 bundle IDs. I also double-checked that I'm reporting that analytic properly. What's more, if I'm downloading the analytics for that day as raw data I actually can see that I got:
    27 CampingGear
    8 Winter

Why some bundle IDs are being categorized as "Others"? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
    Joan

Attached Files:

MinilabOlder likes this.
  2. MicheleKrueger

MicheleKrueger

I don't know exactly, but I can tell you that whenever I report things like "secondsSinceCreation" or similar values, it will split into roughly 20 different values and show the rest as "other". So maybe there is always an "other" category, and for you it is obviously anything that is DayOutInTrolberg. This is just a guess.