Search Unity

Feedback Analytics (New) -> Game Count Discrepancies

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by PeachyPixels, May 10, 2022.

1. PeachyPixels

PeachyPixels

Hello!

I've just spotted that the game analytics event counts are showing some large discrepancies (based on the last four weeks of development usage)...

gameStarted = 146
    gameRunning = 143
    gameEnded = 23

The small discrepancies (i.e. started vs running) I can understand. But the larger (i.e. started vs ended) is surprising.

Does Analytics require an orderly exit of the game? (e.g. Application.Quit() or UnityEditor.EditorApplication.isPlaying = false)

I haven't tested this tbh, but was wondering if closing the Unity Player (with the Play\Stop button) or closing the app on a mobile device (by swiping) resulted in no gameEnded event?

Just raising in-case you think it might be an issue.

2. unity_Ctri

unity_Ctri

Unity Technologies

Hey David - you're correct.
    The two big mobile OSs only gives apps a very short amount of time to do things. This means the SDK's last attempt to upload events to the platform can fail to happen in these circumstances, though as I understand it we'll still try and send when detecting a disorderly exit.

We would expect to see more instances of gameRunning than gameStarted - unless you have habitually have extremely short play sessions. I can look into that if that helps - but would need to get some environment details from you best shared in a support ticket.

Hope that helps clear things up - we appreciate the depth of usage you're giving the service!