Search Unity

Analytics Library 3.3.2 does not compile in 2019.1

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by Havokki, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Havokki

Havokki

I added Analytics Library 3.3.2 into the project with the Package Manager, but I got these compilation errors:

Library/PackageCache/com.unity.analytics@3.3.2/DataPrivacy/DataPrivacyButton.cs(47,17): error CS0103: The name 'RemoteSettings' does not exist in the current context
    Library/PackageCache/com.unity.analytics@3.3.2/DataPrivacy/DataPrivacy.cs(42,26): error CS0103: The name 'AnalyticsSessionInfo' does not exist in the current context
    Library/PackageCache/com.unity.analytics@3.3.2/DataPrivacy/DataPrivacy.cs(43,29): error CS0103: The name 'AnalyticsSessionInfo' does not exist in the current context

My Unity version is 2019.1.14f1 and analytics are enabled in the services window.

I already tried removing the package and adding it again. Also tried clearing the PackageCache folder and restarting Unity.

Any idea how to fix this?

EDIT: Also noticed that 3.3.2 is marked as 2019.1 verified only if you do not have it installed. Once you install it, it loses the verified tag and has preview tag instead.

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

You might try "Reset packages to default" under the Help menu. Do you have the Data Privacy asset also in your project?

3. Havokki

Havokki

Hi again, sorry for the long delay. I reset all packages to default and added them back one by one. No compiler errors this time. Thanks!

Any idea what triggers this issue?

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

If you could provide specific steps to reproduce, we may be able to determine what triggers it.

5. Havokki

Havokki

I think I have some more information on why it happened. When I searched Package Manager for anything related to analytics, it only showed one package.
    manager.png

Installing it only added com.unity.modules.unityanalytics into the manifest and resulted in compiler errors. Reseting packages to default, then installing Unity Analytics and reverting all other changes to the manifest, I ended up with two new packages: com.unity.modules.unityanalytics and com.unity.analytics. No compiler errors this time.
    manifest.png

(The change to Memory Profiler shown in the screenshot is not related to the issue.)

6. unity_NDDJe-IzeRlkjQ

unity_NDDJe-IzeRlkjQ

you have to log out and re log in into unity, it worked for me

7. _Adriaan

_Adriaan

Thanks for mentioning the fix here @Yozaro!

8. eddyb

eddyb

I somehow got this error as well after adding
    "com.unity.services.analytics": "2.0.7-pre.7"
    (trying the new analytics Beta), reverted to try something else, then tried re-adding it.

After going through the same "Reset Packages To Default", and cleaning up the chaff, I see
    "com.unity.modules.unityanalytics": "1.0.0"
    got added as well, which seems to have solved the problem. weird voodoo.

Thanks for the question and the answer Havokki!

SebT_Unity likes this.