Search Unity

Analytics for head movement in VR? (Analytics tracker for vr)

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by Tezelian, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Tezelian

Tezelian

Hey everyone,

I have a project for a 360 video scene and a VR camera and I want to use Analytics and an Analytics Tracker to track head movement and see what areas of the video within the 360 scene does the user view and look at the most?

Firstly I am not sure if this is in the right forum for the analytics but because my app is for VR I put it here for now, sorry

1. Within the Analytics tracker I created an event name FiledofView,
    2. I set the Trigger to Awake so it begins tracking when the Application starts
    3. In the Parameters I created a name called fov.
    4. Dragged the camera (head) as this is what I want tot rack or monitor and below I selected camera.fieldofView

is fieldofview what I need to track for the head movement of the VR player?

Just in case I created another event called camerahead and set it as Transform.localRotation.y

I have attached an image for clarity

1.png

Firstly do I have to wait 8 hours for the data to come into the analytics?

Do I need any scripting or will data be given to me automatically about the fieldofview, etc if not regarding VR what parameter do I need to measure which areas of the scene the user looks at the most?

Would really appreciate any help as I am doing this the first time :(

2. abhishekbansal1993

abhishekbansal1993

Hi Tezelian,

Not sure if you are interested in 360 video analytics now but if you are, you can check out our platform www.vadr.io. We provide analytics for 360 degree and 3D model based content.

3. solidearthvr

solidearthvr

You can do this by tracking the transform of the Camera (eye).

For example, create a script that continually checks the rotational angle of the Camera (eye). If the y angle is within a certain angle then you know that the head is looking towards particular content.