Search Unity

Analytics events appear multiple times on Event Manager validator

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by NorthStar79, Feb 8, 2019.

1. NorthStar79

NorthStar79

Hello All, I have been checking the event manager validator and came across a strange thing.
    All events appear multiple times instead of one.
    I double checked my code and made some Debug runs. and I am pretty sure that these events fire up exactly once. Also some default events like appRunning, appStop events appear multiple times too. Is this an expected behaviour or do I missing something?

Here a screenshot form Event Manager:

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Interesting, we will check

3. NorthStar79

NorthStar79

Can you inform me about the situation after you check it?
    if You need further information. just ask from here, or you can always send a message or email.

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

5. NorthStar79

NorthStar79

Hello, sorry for the late response, I was away from the office during the weekend. I do some tests and checked event validator to see if this problem still happening. (yes it is still happening.)

when I check Validator in Unity, I don't see any problem at all. All events looks fine , fired only once and in order.
    here an SS of it:

But On Operate Dashboard looks the same as I posted earlier. All events are showing multiple times.

I did some tests on another project. the same issue persists on that project too. I suspect about my network setup.

I can not use charles proxy because my projects are not targeted to android. But I will investigate my network activity and share results here. (it will take some time, I need to talk about it with our DevOps beforehand)

6. NorthStar79

NorthStar79

Hello.
    I asked for help from our DevOps. they analyzed my network activity (both from my computer, and from the router)
    and we did some more tests and came to an interesting conclusion.

We guess this is just a front-end error.

if the event manager is open on a browser (tested on chrome and edge) while we are playing our game, events are appearing multiple times on validator. if we clear cache and reload the page after play session ended, events are displays correctly.

if we close the browser and play the game and open event manager page after then. all events appear with no problem at all.

so, our conclusion is, if the event manager page is open in a browser while the game is active, event validator freaks out and displays same events multiple times but that does not corrupt received data. if we clear our browser cache and reload page all event are displayed correctly.

there is not any lethal error but still, this kind of issues can cause a lot of wasted time for developers. So please take action on this topic.
    wish you best luck to all.

bab202 and Arnau7 like this.
  7. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Great catch! I will let the team know.

8. junglemason

junglemason

If this helps at all: it seems to have something to do with scrolling - if I force reload the page, at first it correctly shows only one of the particular event - I scroll the list all the way down, then back up, and now there are duplicates

9. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D